Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Curious.Acne.Guy

A Survey involving Proactive (Anyone that has used

I have two basic questions

1) Before you used proactive on a rate of 1-5 how oily was your skin

2) Did proactive help you at all? If so please give a 1-5 on how much it cleared your face

I have noticed proactive helps mainly people with very oily skin instead of people with acne that have some dry skin.

Your reply are greatly apperciated.

1) My skin is very oily 4

2) Proactive cleared all my acne away nearly 100 percent.

1. Cant remember, it was in 9th grade.. wasnt really that oily i dont think.

but i had alot of zits and blemishes and bad skin tone.

2. Proactiv did clear me 100%, unbelievable but true.

1)3.5. My skin was oily on the forehead and nose and chin. It's weird because my skin was very flaky too. I think that because I didn't exfoliate at all, a lot of dead skin on my face clogged my already oily skin and caused the breakouts.

2)4.8. It cleared it up almost 100%. I still breakout maybe 1 (at most 2) pimple during my menstrual cycle. But the texture of my skin is so soft and smooth now. I still have scarring from years of terrible acne. But my skin is the best it has felt and looked in years.

my skin was about a 3 before i used proactive. since i used proactive, my skin was not greasy at all and my twin brother still has very greasy skin, maybe even a 5 on your scale probably because he doesn't use any products on his face. i haven't bought proactive in a month or so because i've started using the [email protected] methods and i think my skin is getting greasy again, damn!

hey guys, I've been using Proactiv for about 3 weeks now, and my acne has seemed to be getting worse. How long did Proactiv take to start working in your case? and is having another breakout while your using it normal? I'm thinking it's something to do with me sweating...because since I've started excercising more in the last week or so it's gotten it's worst but I was expecting Proactiv to take care of it. Any help would be awesome! thanks

Hey shooter, In my case proactive worked within the first week, yes the first week. I really dont think having more then 2 breakouts is normal while using proactive but theres always a twist since your working out and sweating. I am also heavily into exercising and being on my highschool basketball team so acne can be a problem but i just suggest you just wash your face immediatly after your exercise. I would also suggest getting off of proactive and finding a more cheap solution, Try Dan's Regimen. By the way do you have oily skin? or rather dry skin?

Be sure to return your bottle to proactive for a free refund.

i cant really remeber how oily my skin was because i used pro-activ about 3 4 years ago..but pro-activ made my skin worse then it was...the astringent..whatever the hells in that was like putting alochol on a fresh cut

Thanks for the help, yeah I'm the same as you I'm on my basketball team as well, but I'll be sure to wash my face as quick as I can afer playing. I'm just hesitant to return the Proactiv because it's so much money so I figured it would work so well. I was on the Regimen before and it worked pretty well, it just didn't clear me up 100%, so I wanted to try something new, but I think the problem was I wasn't using enough BP, so this time I'll be sure to use more. Also I was thinking of sort of combining Dan's wth that Botchla's, but I don't know if I should because the SA in the Proactiv is what stung my face, what do you think?! thanks

I used Proactiv for about 8 months. It never fully got rid of my acne, and I kept getting breakouts. My skin was oily enough as it was, but that Repairing Lotion really made me an oil slick.

Overall, it was a waste of money for me.

I have very oily skin too. probably a 3.5 out of 5

I have been using Proactiv for about 1 1/2 weeks now, with their daily control mattiffier and my skin is still a bit oily but not as heavy as it used to be.

Before i could feel the oils on my face, and now i can't. I think that within time it will be able to stop it more. Hopefully in a month.

It is clearing my skin up, i haven't had a breakout, but if you have a breakout during using proactiv, the breakout was already going to happen. It takes about 6 weeks for the breakouts to surface.

Laterz

if you play sports, that make you sweat, you should not wash your face before you play or put any thing in your hair. The sweat from your head can bring down the stuff you put in your hair and clog pores. and if you wash your face before you play a sport, it can clog pores too. Even if it is oil-free and non-comedogenic. So using the proactiv before you do a sport is bad. Just wet your face with warm water and pat dry. Play and go home take a shower, and wash your face.

Hope i helped.

Laterz

Hey shooter, it took me a month to see results and i got cleared up 100 percent. However, i started getting some oily-ass skin when i used it, and after a year, it stopped working for some reason sad.gif

I used Proactiv for about 8 months. It never fully got rid of my acne, and I kept getting breakouts. My skin was oily enough as it was, but that Repairing Lotion really made me an oil slick.

Overall, it was a waste of money for me.

I also realized the significance of the Repairing Lotion later on, but when I began using it properly, it still didn't work for me. Luckily, Botchla's Regimen is working phenomenally for me at this point.

hmmm...i am not using proactive but my cousin is...He just started and i can't see any results yet because it is too early....

I have a quesiton though...does proactive stop acne forever...or do you have to keep buying it even when your face is 100% clear??