Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

probiotics

Guest Timehealsall

its so hard to choose a probiotic. There is literally hundreds of them out there. What should i be looking for when purchasing a probiotic?

The reason i want to take one is because i just finished a course of antibiotics. (Doxy 100mg 2x a day 6 months).

Or are most probiotics that are reasonable expensive (50 $) sufficient?

I took some called HMF forte by a high quality brand called Genestra... HMF forte meaning 'Extra strength human micro flora'. I got them from the naturopath, but I think you can get them online.

Apparently these are really good because they have a very high success rate of actually getting to your intestine to repopulate. I thought they worked quite well when I took them.

Oh yeah, they were like $50 bucks for 120 capsules, and you're supposed to take two a day

Edited by Tangerine

^^ Well it's hard to say. I was doing a lot of different things for my skin at that point, so I can't say for sure that it was just the probiotics that did anything, but I assumed they contributed.

vsl#3 is a multistrain probiotic made for the treatment of ulcerative colitis that you can purchase from select pharmacys. each serving has 450 billion live bacteria. this is much larger then most other brands, they come in a 10 or 30 pack, ranging from 33.00- about 90.00 dollars. I trust this brand to be of high quality since it is handled by a pharmacy only, and made to treat a medical condition. so i assume they have higher standards then the other brands. i also believe it to be cheaper then most commercial brands when you compare how much live bacteria is contained in them.

the only other product i would mention is l. reuteri, as this strain is best known for its production of reuterin, a powerful selective antibiotic.

Guest Timehealsall

the one i am taking is called natures way primadophilus optima. 35 billion CFUS, true release, 14 strain formula plus naturalflora.

Did anyone else get stomach problems (nausea mostly) when they tried probiotics? Ive tried going on it a couple of times on and off, and I think it made me feel a bit sick in general, but im not 100% sure it was the probiotics.

I really want to try them again but dont fancy feeling sick constantly

Guest Timehealsall

are the ones im taking good?