Notifications
Clear all

Manuka honey?

MemberMember
(@superfrizbee)

Posted : 02/06/2011 4:57 am

Hi,

I've started using Manuka honey on my face as a mask and I've noticed that sometimes the next morning I have spots with a head, or spots that have a come to the surface. Does anyone know if this is the manuka honey, as I hear it draws out impurities, bringing stuff under my skin to the surface? The other conclusion could be that my skin doesn't like honey, but that doesn't seem likely.

Anyone had any experience using manuka?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 02/06/2011 4:01 pm

Hi,

I've started using Manuka honey on my face as a mask and I've noticed that sometimes the next morning I have spots with a head, or spots that have a come to the surface. Does anyone know if this is the manuka honey, as I hear it draws out impurities, bringing stuff under my skin to the surface? The other conclusion could be that my skin doesn't like honey, but that doesn't seem likely.

Anyone had any experience using manuka?

Thanks!

I've tried the manuka honey face masks and i have to say that, although they feel really nice and you can feel it tightening your pores, it brought me out in a few spots, increased my blackheads and didnt do an awful lot for my hyperpigmentation. Also tried taking a spoon of it 3 times a day to help me internally and i dont think it did much good either.

However, having said this, i've heard numerous people say how it works wonders on their skin and helps keep acne at bay. Different people react in different ways i guess. Maybe try it for a month and see.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 02/06/2011 4:02 pm

If it is an IB or purging, it shouldn't last more than a month (some people's skin purges faster than others), and if it does last longer, then it's probably a bad reaction. You could try using it to cleanse with instead of a mask, and as a spot treatment for bumps and actives.

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 02/07/2011 2:45 pm

I know Manuka honey is like the only effective treatment against MRSA (the staph virus).

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 02/07/2011 2:49 pm

Manuka Honey was a huge help in stopping my acne. Love the stuff. I mix it with manuka oil or hemp oil. It really helped my skin look natural again. With all the acne treatments that just make your skin look so wrong, blotchiness, redness, dryness, etc, Manuka honey seemed to balance my pH, and just make my skin glow and look incredibly healthy.

You can buy manuka honey products as well, I just use the pure stuff. Get the most bang for my buck.

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 02/07/2011 11:35 pm

What's the best type of Manuka Honey?

and does anyone know if there is such a thing as too high a UMF for applying manuka honey as a facila mask because i once read that you shouldn't go above 18+ but i'm looking to get the following

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Manuka-Honey-Health-Zealand/dp/B001O0BL9E/

and this is the new kind which measures MGO. IN this case it's 400+, which is equivalent to the old 20+ so i'm wondering if this would be ok to use for a facial mask.

MemberMember
(@superfrizbee)

Posted : 02/11/2011 3:59 pm

Thank you all :) I'm going to stick with the manuka because I do think it's helping clear my skin over all, but I am going to cleanse with it for a while before using it as a mask again. I haven't heard that the UMF can be too high, I use 15+ but there was 20 on sale in the shop I bought it.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/18/2017 2:46 am

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Sito said:

What's the best type of Manuka Honey?

and does anyone know if there is such a thing as too high a UMF for applying manuka honey as a facila mask because i once read that you shouldn't go above 18+ but i'm looking to get the following

http://www.amazon.com/Active-Manuka-Honey-...9306&sr=1-1 .

and this is the new kind which measures MGO. IN this case it's 400+, which is equivalent to the old 20+ so i'm wondering if this would be ok to use for a facial mask.

i know this is an old post but I use the MGO 400+ and it works AMAZINGLY on acne AND pigmentation!!

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/18/2017 3:03 am

I use manuka honey as a leave in treatment at night and despite the stickiness, it's totally worth it in the morning because my skin is well moisturized. Since I'm following the caveman regimen, it's something of a last resort that I use when I feel like my skin needs an extra boost. I also have the manuka honey oil which I use as a spot treatment :) 

MemberMember
(@laura782)

Posted : 09/30/2017 2:52 am

I've been using Manuka Honey 10+ for the past week in combination with a hot compress on some really stubborn acne which had been on my face for a few months and it has been the one thing which has worked for me as now I only have three pimples left. My doctor prescribed clindomycin phosphate which did absolutely nothing but after using Manuka Honey for just three days I noticed a huge difference. At night I use a warm compress on my face to try and get more of the pimples to surface, and then I apply Manuka Honey and leave it overnight. This has been the only remedy that has worked for me; I've tried many other natural remedies like aloe vera, ACV and yogurt but none of them worked to the extent of the Manuka Honey.