Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derkchang

Taking fish oil causing jawline cystic and nodular acne

Fish oil and cystic acne

Hey guys, I'm once again back on acne.org. That's right I'm breaking out again, deep cystic acne. Just when I thought I have finished the battle after being clear for 2,3 months. I listened to everyones advise and stopped taking that brand of fish oil and switched to fish oil with just omega-3 and have been taking it consistently and stayed clear ever since last time I log on to acne.org. Almost two weeks ago I ran out of fish oil so I went to gnc and bought gnc's "fish body oil 1000" on the label it says "with omega-3 fatty acids cholesterol free" it did not say that it contains omega 6,9,flax and borage oil which broke me out last time so I bought it and started taking it. Then I started breakingout again, these deep annoying cyst that take forever to go away. What I found out is that some fish oil brand break you out and some don't. This gnc fish oil say 1000 but on the nutritient data says both DHA and EPA adds up to 300 but does not say what the rest of 700 is made of. I'm going to stop taking this fish oil for awhile and see if my cyst will clear up. Will be back for more update. Btw, the fish oil brand that actually clear me up and didn't break me out that 2,3 months was the "Natures Made". You guys who suffer from cyst and had bad experience with fish oil could try this brand and see if it makes A difference. Alright, thats it for now.

It's been over a week w/o taking gnc's fish oil and things are looking up once again. W occasional one or or two new cysts that surface faster than usual. I'm going to try and order natures made fish oil and see if it makes the same improvement as i think it did last time.

I'm taking Natures Bounty Fish Oil 1000mg (Omega3&6) Cholesterol Free.....maybe this is what caused the acne under my chin......who knows anymore. It so hard to pinpoint what actually causes me to break out. Yesterday, I just realized I was eating pretzels, which I thought were covered in yogurt, but was actually white chocolate!!! how stupid!! no wonder i've broken out this week. I've never had acne on my lower chin/neck, I'm so depressed!!!!!!

Well after my fish oil journey of taking it half and year now I'm quite certain that different fish oil causes different reaction. I would recommend natures made but can't a hold of it since I'm in Asia. So I asked a friend of mine to ship my fish oil to Asia. I have to wait 2-3weeks before I can recieve my product but since I'm in a hurry, wanting these cysts go down instantly. I wento the doc have him prescribed 10mg accutane and tretinoin cream. So I'm back on accutane once again. Hope accutane will helP my acne issue before I get my natures made fish oil