Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok. So for the past 6ish months? Ok maybe less, I've been using CeraVe Hydrating cleanser. I LOVED IT! It was great. I gave it a raving review and swore by it.

Flash forward to now. I ran out, bought a new bottle and ever since I've been getting red patches, pink bumps (which don't contain anything or hurt, just look like a bee sting) and my red marks are becoming brighter!

I've either developed some kind of negative reaction to it

or the new bottle was old/expired/tampered with/new formula

I HIGHLY doubt the ingredients changed on ME, rather I think my tempermental skin changed on IT

So I need a new cleanser. I need it cheap, without medication, and good for sensitive skin.

My top choices are :

Basis and Purpose.

If you have experience with either of the two, please help and share a story with it. And please don't recommend anything that can't be bought at a CVS or Rite Aid. Or is over 15.00.

xoxo

Aveeno Ultra calming foaming cleanser. I think it's at most 12 bucks, but it also last me 6-9 months.You only need a dime-sized amount.

Don't no much about the two cleansers you listed,sorry =(

No worries! Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to research yours too!

This is turning into so much work!

Oh, how I remember high school, where I never even owned a cleanser...

Anyone else?

Pretty please?

Beady! i remember reading your log and kind of cyber stalking you for a while a few months ago!

Purpose i hear is pretty good, but it just seems like it would dry out your skin for some reason to me, no idea why, maybe because the bottle reminds me of hand sanitizer.

Anyway, the aveeno one seems pretty good like omega suggested, i really haven't tried too many non-medicated cleansers, and my favorite one is like 30 dollars and can only be bought online, so i'm not much help.

Kind of just wanted to say hi :3

My all-time favorite cleanser is Earth Science Clarifying Cleanser. It doesn't have any sulfates or harsh ingredients, I think the first ingredient is aloe very actually. It has never dried out my skin.

I'm sorry I don't think they sell it at the pharmacy but it is sold at every market that sells natural products (Whole foods, vitamin stores, upscale supermarkets).

It's only about $7.

Thanks again you guys!

I ended up buying the Aveeno one, so a special thank you to Omega.

Hi SocialAnxiety! Maybe I shall cyber stalk you now. Its only fair. ;)

@Elaia, Unfortunatley I left before I read your post, I'll have to keep it in mind when this one runs out though!

Just a random update, I bought the Aveeno one, and so far my skin has taken a liking to it. I know I know. It's only been 3 washes. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Omega!

Oh and does it smell a little funky to you? Not bad, just different. I'm already getting used to it...