Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ElectricRaptor

Dealing with PIH within the confines of the regimen?

I'm more or less clear now, but I have a lot of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I read that BP can greatly reduce the healing rate of PIH, so I stopped using it to give my face a chance to recover. Two days after this, I had a bunch of active whiteheads on my cheeks and chin.

Is there something I can do to quickly heal PIH without coming off the regimen entirely?

(Currently I am using Dan's cleanser, BP and moisturizer with jojoba oil)

Edited by ElectricRaptor

I would incorporate some Hydroquinone and or azeleic acid in your regimen. If you would want to start mild try using some AHA/BHA toners or gels to exfoliate the skin chemically rather than manually. The hydroquinone/azeleic acid combo gels are pricey though. "Murad, DDF" have Acne fade gels and or skin brighteners. Proactive has a mild .5% Sal Acid that gently peels away dead skin and unclogs pores. Just be sure to be careful of the sun with ANY of these products as you will become sensitive to UV Rays. Hope this Helps :angel:

Don't use Hydroquinone if you're using BP too. It can actually have the opposite effect and darken PIH. Why not try Dan's AHA? It's very easy to incorporate and you know that it works with the regimen since it's available on this site!

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR! Seriously. My PIH has reduced SIGNIFICANTLY since I added this to my regimen I think about a month ago. Just mix it 50/50 with water, dip a cotton ball over it, and use it on your face! (Before BP)

I found a huge bottle of apple cider vinegar for $2 at my local grocery store today (as opposed to dan's $18 bottles of AHA) so I bought that. Should I allow it to absorb into my skin or wash it off? Also, should I only apply it to the red areas of my face?

Edited by ElectricRaptor