Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
workinonit98

Another "What type do I have and what to do" thread.

I have been a long time lurker, and just now signed up. I have a few scars, mostly on my right cheek (the only thing Ive taken photos of). The left cheek has pretty much the same type, but a little less.

I am in my early to mid 20s, I have had mild to moderate acne for about 10 or so years. I am finally getting it under control (I am currently on Differin .3 minocycline, and Ery pads-anitbiotic). I have a few light to moderate scars (maybe? I dont know how to classify them), and would like to start doing research now, so when I am finally clear I can try and start getting them taken care of.

As always, the photos dont make them look as bad as I see them. I apologize about not shaving, but I keep some facial hair to cover up the bad places, and most of the scars are right about the hair line. Are these box type? What is the best way to reduce them? Just looking for some suggestion. Thanks

post-145081-1296619326_thumb.jpg

post-145081-1296619381_thumb.jpg

post-145081-1296619419_thumb.jpg

post-145081-1296619326_thumb.jpg

post-145081-1296619381_thumb.jpg

post-145081-1296619419_thumb.jpg

Edited by workinonit98

You have icepicks.

I don't have ice picks myself so I don't know that much about treatment, but you might want to look into excisions or TCA Cross.

please do a search for TCA cross on these boards.

I know many members have gotten great improvement with this method. But it takes time and patience.

p.s. i would never notice your scars if i met you.

Good Luck x

Thanks for the replies (and kind words). I read a bit about the TCA. I have an appointment with my dermatologist in March. I will talk to her about that then and see if she does it. I think I would rather leave it in the hands of a professional than try it myself.

I also read a bit about dermarolling. Is that something that would work with these scars? I'm interested in trying things for myself at home, but also a bit worried I will make things worse.

Another thing I read about, Fraxel Re:store. I understand it is expensive, and I would need multiple procedures to see results. I know its non ablative, but could it still make things worse, like the possibility of an ablative laser?

Thanks in advance for any help. Im a bit new to this and have been doing some reading, but input is always appreciated.