Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

allowing pimples to heal

Guest Timehealsall

So i was wondering in your guys opinions, since a product like benzoyl peroxide is most effective in preventing acne, should you avoid using it on active lesions? is it best to let these pimples heal by themselves, and then start applying the BP to these areas?

or is it fine to apply BP even when you have the actual pimples?

I put spot treatment on them if they look like they're going to be one of those zits that sticks around for more than 2 days.

You really have to use your own judgment.

BP, tea tree oil, sulfur, and all the other various spot treatments are meant to kill the acne lesion's bacteria or help with inflammation. It helps the pimple reduce in size,basically.

Some people choose to not use spot treatment at all if it dries or irritates more than helps the spot.

Guest Timehealsall

so basically you wait for a pimple to heal on its own for 2 days. If it doesnt, you spot treat?

I know my acne well enough that I can determine how bad a pimple is going to be when I first get it. I don't need to wait, I just look the initial diameter how deep it feels in my skin.

But, everyone is different.You need to pay attention to your skin and make mental notes. Your skin is different from my skin.

Guest Timehealsall

wow, you can tell how deep a pimple is? I honestly have no fucking clue how to tell.

DO you only get one pimple a month kind of zits now? Or is it much more common than that?

How do you tell how deep a pimple is?

I don't understand how you cannot personally tell how deep your pimples are. It should be obvious by feeling it every time you cleanse or face. I don't even need to touch it, you just feel it in your skin.

If it's something with a throb then you know it's deeper/bigger than something you forget is there until you look into the mirror.

Unless you have no tactile sensation,fingers, and are blind...you can most certainly tell how deep or mild a zit is.

The only zit I have have is one on my upper lip.Then a week or two I had two zits,one on my forehead and chin.So yes, I still get zits,but they're just here and there.Not a lot.

Guest Timehealsall
I don't understand how you cannot personally tell how deep your pimples are. It should be obvious by feeling it every time you cleanse or face. I don't even need to touch it, you just feel it in your skin.

If it's something with a throb then you know it's deeper/bigger than something you forget is there until you look into the mirror.

Unless you have no tactile sensation,fingers, and are blind...you can most certainly tell how deep or mild a zit is.

The only zit I have have is one on my upper lip.Then a week or two I had two zits,one on my forehead and chin.So yes, I still get zits,but they're just here and there.Not a lot.

o so basically the zits that you can feel without touching are usually the deepers ones? Do you get deep zits quite often?

IT seems some of my zits, the first day or two i can feel them but after that i dont know they are there unless i look in the mirror.

Are deep zits highly prone to scarring if u dont pick at them?

it is best to let your pimples heal on its own.

i get whiteheads and i have to let its cycle move, if i interfere it doesnt go. the puss comes out on its own, once the puss comes out it takes about 2-3 days to heal and a week for the mark to disapear.