Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

Basmati Rice?

I found this great indian restaurant near me and every meal includes basmati rice with veggies and what not. I eat a lot of brown rice and have no problems with it, so is white basmati rice okay? I heard it has a low gi.

Basmalti rice is generally ok, especially in the portion sizes they come in in Indian resturants.

Usually if the rice doesnt have oil drizzled over it, the curry itself will be quite fatty so that will lower the GI even more.

Indian food is pretty good for acne in my opinion

i believe basmati rice is like eating sugar. It breaks down in high amounts of sugar when consumed.

Sugar makes me break out but white rice doesn't, so it could be the Burdock root and Clementines clearing it out.

i believe basmati rice is like eating sugar. It breaks down in high amounts of sugar when consumed.

Sugar makes me break out but white rice doesn't, so it could be the Burdock root and Clementines clearing it out.

I dont quite understand this.

Basmati Rice breaks down into simple sugars but white rice doesnt? I mean they both do break down into sugar but you have it backwards, white rice breaks down much much faster.

Edited by DeAntonio

Basmati Rice breaks down into simple sugars but white rice doesnt? I mean they both do break down into sugar but you have it backwards, white rice breaks down much much faster.

You are right. Much faster was the term I mightve missed. Some people say spikes in your blood sugar can affect your acne breakout.

Either way, I have not noticed any effect on my acne and have been experimenting with it.

You are right. Much faster was the term I mightve missed. Some people say spikes in your blood sugar can affect your acne breakout.

Either way, I have not noticed any effect on my acne and have been experimenting with it.

Well yeah, insulin spikes are a key part of acne which is why stabilizing with a low GI diet is highly recommended.

Its possible that white rice may not break you out, maybe your problem is related to gluten/wheat sensitivity, everyone is different.

I can almost say for certain that basmati is a much better choice then white for pretty much everyone.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey ppl, is this brown rice?

i eat this rice, but its not called brown rice, in my country, its called health rice for some reason, so i wonder :/

and ones that r called brown rice, r brown but transparent kinda, i think they r steamed or polished before or something like that tho.

anywayz are those basmati rice actually healthier than brown rice?

n wut about wild rice? ukno the black ones? :/