Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stonea22

Question about Spiro and Minera IUD

Hi, I have been on antibiotics for 17 years for acne. I took accutane twice. I just went to a new dermatologist because I wanted to get off the antibiotics. I have been on ampicillin most recently for 3 years. I can't handle the side effects anymore so I wanted another solution. I started Retin A and Clindyamicin about 3 weeks ago before completely going off antibiotics. I have been weaning off the ampicillin for the last 3 months. The antibiotics worked some but I still had 2-3 cysts and a few other pimples at any time.

The new dermatologist prescribed spironolactone. I had never heard of it or been given that as an option till I saw her. I have been reading the boards and reviews to learn a lot about it. I am a little worried about the side effects, but I am willing to give it a chance. I can't do accutane due to side effects, I am allergic to septra and doxy and can't live with a constant yeast infection anymore.

I have a Mirena IUD that I have had 8 years (on my second one) because it was the only thing that solved my migranes (hormonally linked). Since I got that, I haven't had a period at all.

Am I going to start getting a period again on Spiro? I really love not having it. Any thoughts? Any other advice?

I start the spiro tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have been on antibiotics for 17 years for acne. I took accutane twice. I just went to a new dermatologist because I wanted to get off the antibiotics. I have been on ampicillin most recently for 3 years. I can't handle the side effects anymore so I wanted another solution. I started Retin A and Clindyamicin about 3 weeks ago before completely going off antibiotics. I have been weaning off the ampicillin for the last 3 months. The antibiotics worked some but I still had 2-3 cysts and a few other pimples at any time.

The new dermatologist prescribed spironolactone. I had never heard of it or been given that as an option till I saw her. I have been reading the boards and reviews to learn a lot about it. I am a little worried about the side effects, but I am willing to give it a chance. I can't do accutane due to side effects, I am allergic to septra and doxy and can't live with a constant yeast infection anymore.

I have a Mirena IUD that I have had 8 years (on my second one) because it was the only thing that solved my migranes (hormonally linked). Since I got that, I haven't had a period at all.

Am I going to start getting a period again on Spiro? I really love not having it. Any thoughts? Any other advice?

I start the spiro tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

How are you doing on the Spiro? I was just prescribed it and am starting it tonight for the first time. Did it help? Do you suffer from hormonal acne?