Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

dead and dry skin (Pictures included)

Not at all, your skin looks fine.

I do see some dead skin but it is not too severe. Stop over-analyzing, you look fine. Do not expect to have super smooth silky skin, you naturally have rough skin, many people skin like that my cheeks are like that too, primarily guys because they have to shave facial hair and their skin become irritated.

How did the BP work for you?

Take a few deep breaths. Relax. I have also merged your two topics. One is more than enough. At this rate, you may get your own megathread since you ask so many questions every day.

Consider baby brush method of exfoliating. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/official-...baby+hair+brush Do it GENTLY. I do not recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub as its particulate matter is too rough.

Guest Timehealsall

I do see some dead skin but it is not too severe. Stop over-analyzing, you look fine. Do not expect to have super smooth silky skin, you naturally have rough skin, many people skin like that my cheeks are like that too, primarily guys because they have to shave facial hair and their skin become irritated.

dood i would think that too except one thing, I DONT FUCKING SHAVE MAN!

i dont shave on my forehead, yet i have massive dead skin.

Guest Timehealsall
Take a few deep breaths. Relax. I have also merged your two topics. One is more than enough. At this rate, you may get your own megathread since you ask so many questions every day.

Consider baby brush method of exfoliating. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/official-...baby+hair+brush Do it GENTLY. I do not recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub as its particulate matter is too rough.

wynne, be honest with me.

DO you see pitted scarring on my forehead and cheeks? i see some scars on cheeks.

Also, what are those bumps on my forehead? I previous like 2 days ago massaged all that dead skin that was on my pimples off my face for about 15 minutes. I repeat, i did it similar to how dan applies benzoly peroxide, maybe a tad bit harder?=

Guest Timehealsall

good thing you asked me, the BP is what gave me all that dead flaky skin.

and also those small forehead bumps, never had them until used BP..

You skin on your forehead is not even rough though, not really flaky either, and yeah try a new exfoliation method, keep me posted on how it comes out. Either the baby brush thing or the Scrub.

DO you see pitted scarring on my forehead and cheeks? i see some scars on cheeks.

Also, what are those bumps on my forehead? I previous like 2 days ago massaged all that dead skin that was on my pimples off my face for about 15 minutes. I repeat, i did it similar to how dan applies benzoly peroxide, maybe a tad bit harder?=

If you did not have them in the first place why did you use the BP?

Guest Timehealsall

its not flaky? then what is all that yellowish thing on my forehead? thats not my natural forehead btw..

Guest Timehealsall

If you did not have them in the first place why did you use the BP?

i dont know if you can tell, but i have a lot of fading PIH on my forehead and cheeks. I had pretty big papules/pustules (came out of no where).

So i used bp on them and they went away. I only used BP to spot treat, and then i thought FUCK IT ima use it all over forehead, cuz i dont want more. Now i get small bumps ..

Guest Timehealsall

can a moderator put in the topic title (with pictures) so people know?

Wow, i expected like, massive scarring and acne everywhere.

Hell, your skin is better than mine, if i took pictures that close up, it would look three times as bad.

I don't see any scaring whatsoever, and even if there WAS some, its so unnoticable that anyone would really have to look to see it in person.

And the -bumps- on your forehead look like the ones on my chin, exfoliating like the guy above said might help, but don't use st. ives, maybe something a little safer like the baby brush method wynne posted.

Stop worrying about scaring, stop worrying about how hard you should exfoliate or how you should apply BP, or about popping pimples, your skin looks pretty damn clear, so just work on getting the dead skin off, then work on the bumps.

Oh, and i agree with the above guy poster person, Stop over analyzing your skin. seriously

Guest Timehealsall

i didnt take the pictures to show off scarring, but to mainly show off the dead skin.

I have photos of where my scarring is most apparents (i.e. harshest light).

I think the dead skin makes it difficult to see the scars..

hey, did the benzoyl peroxide cause any scarring for you? Like if you got any dead/flaky/dry skin, did it cause any pitted scarring if you rubbed it off your face?

no, bp did not cause me to get any scars. it just broke me out real bad-continously. for the record though, i was not using dan's bp i was using neutrogena on the spot treatment. i have never tried dans bp.

i didnt take the pictures to show off scarring, but to mainly show off the dead skin.

But you aren't always in the -harshest light-

and anyones skin, weather theyre clear or have horrible acne, looks terrible in harsh light.

And i barely see any dead skin at all, but maybe its just the picture.

Edited by SocialAnxiety

OMG THE HORROR, SO DISGUSTING!

Oh wait, that just looks like average skin.

My skin looks about 5 times worse.

You have flesh bumps. Woop dee do. Stop obsessing. Based on all the questions you ask daily (actually, even more often), I was expecting you to have diseased-looking skin or something.

I don't see pitted scarring. I see normal skin with some flakiness. Either use a washcloth gently when you cleanse or the baby's hair brush method and problem solved. Relax! You're way overthinking and obsessing. Your skin is NORMAL!!! :)

But you aren't always in the -harshest light-

and anyones skin, weather theyre clear or have horrible acne, looks terrible in harsh light.

And i barely see any dead skin at all, but maybe its just the picture.

No, I don't see dead skin either. At least nothing that LOOKS like dead skin.

i have to agree with everybody else. your face looks fine. i dont really see anything at all. it looks like you have pretty good skin!!

Maybe Dan should put on his -What to expect list- Paranoia and obsessive tendencies.

I see a fair amount of people over analyzing every scar, pore, indent and wrinkle as soon as they start the regimen, and post multiple threads asking the same questions over and over.

Maybe its a side effect of benzoyl peroxide.

OH GOD, SUDDEN URGE TO CHECK SKIN. BRB.

But then again, people tend to do that on whatever regimen theyre on, so maybe it has nothing to do with BP.

But you can never be too careful >_>

<_<

Guest Timehealsall

so why is my forehead all yellowy? Wat is that yellow stuff? Its not a part of my forehead, never had that before..

so why is my forehead all yellowy? Wat is that yellow stuff? Its not a part of my forehead, never had that before..

Just relax, and exfoliate gently. ;)

Guest Timehealsall

so i need a new moisturizer that is similar to dans old moisturizer because if do plan on keep using BP, every moisturizer ive tried balls up with the benzoyl peroxide no matter how long i wait for it to dry. Only dans old moisturizer does not, and i cant use it anymore because it contains jojoba oil, which can spread Seborrheic dermatitis.

Is there any moisturizer out there with a similar consistency that wont ball up with the bp on my skin?

Guest Timehealsall

hmm im thinking of buying an exofoliating brush for my forehead.

Ive also tried cetaphil moisturizer but it balls up with the BP. maybe cerave moistuurizer is next?

that bumpy rash is allergic reaction to BP.believe me, i have had exactly same reaction.after few days of not using BP it goes back to normal ;)

Edited by vartoooza