Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

cant stop looking

Guest Timehealsall

I really dont know what to do. Every time i get pimples, regardless of size, or even clogged pores, i literally stare at the mirror in 200 different angles every day to see if these pimples/clogged pores are leaving scars.

I am fucking depressed, dont know waht to do at all

Don't we all?

I know how you feel. Sometimes I'll look in the mirrior to inspect my face for awhile and I'll do it again like 5 minutes later. I have to remember that my face isn't going to change in 5 minutes, haha. My advice would be to just really try hard not to think about your skin so much and don't look in the mirror a lot. I find that helps me.

I'm guilty of this too. You wanna know a secret though? It's all about perspective. Looking in the mirror a billion different times in a different ways makes your brain think it's worse than it actually is.

Your mind is freaking amazing. Seriously man. No stress equals no mess. ;)

Mirror=Stress=Acne.

I'm slowly going through a mirror withdrawal ;)

go out and do somethin

-get more activites

-meet up with old friends

do ANYTHING to get out of the house. if you sit around all day feeling sorry for yourself then you'll just be more depressed. Playing the "poor me" game never works. Just speaking from personal experience....

like the people above said, go out and distract ur mind on other things because being inside the house is just going to make u depressed and the results will be more acne. Read about the placebo effect...the mind is very powerful, so try and not to think about how ur acne looks; avoid all mirrors:) good luck!

You have to stop saturating your mind in the negativity that comes from critiquing yourself, and start saturating yourself in positivity :D Seriously, even though I have scars still, I've been eating right and encouraging myself every day constantly, and I really do feel grand and on top of the world. I only look in the mirror when I need to apply things, and I don't get really close so I don't start feeling the urge to pick.

I can tell from all of your posts how obsessed you are, and it's probably going to start making you physically ill if it hasn't already.

Maybe your acne is terrible,maybe it's not...but obsessing over yourself in a mirror sure aint making it go away any faster.

You need to limit your mirror time. Tomorrow,try and force yourself to just looking in the mirror in the mornings and evening when you cleanse. Avoid car window reflections and anything else with reflective qualities. Count how many times you cave in and look in the mirror,and aim to do less the next day.

If you have nothing to do tomorrow,go for a walk in the park,read a book,do something you can enjoy while distracting yourself from your skin.Maybe even find a new hobby!

I don't expect you to not cave in once or twice,you can't break obsessive behavior immediately,but set some goals for yourself.Take baby steps.

Look up some meditative techniques,like deep breathing exercises to calm yourself when you're freaking out.

I can be guilty of this myself but you must try and stop! It will suck your soul out right through the mirror!

Take your mirrors down, or put blankets over them. Snap a rubber band on your wrist if you peek unnecessarily.

As everyone has said, distract yourself with something fun or funny. This is the most recommended method, as it also brings happiness to your life and relieves stress at the same time.

If you must look, which you probably will, try installing soft incandescent lights in your bathroom. It's silly but it helps... as long as you do half the work yourself and stand back! You gotta stop with the 20 different angles.

Good luck :)

stop being vain and hang out with your friends, it will only get worse if you keep lookin at it resulting of picking and depression.. it will gone soon.. i always see your posts in this site everywhere, get a rest of this site and go somewhere else dude. im not trying to be mean but try to set aside your self from acne and this site.. life is short be optimistic

Guest Timehealsall

awkwardly, even though i have an obession of looking at myself in the mirror at a million different angles, i never ever pop, squeeze, scratch, or pick at my pimples, blackheads, or whiteheads.

the only thing i do, is when i notice massive dead flaky skin, i just rub it off. i am not sure if that constitutes as picking but yeah..

i am currently seeing a top notch counselor (or so thats what i was told). She has told me that my OCD, and obsessing about my looks right now is so severe that i can permanently fuck my life.

She told me that on a scale of 1-10, i am an 8. I told her i fall into a depression when i wake up and look at myself in the mirror, and i continue looking at myself sometimes 15x a day.

i dont know what to do..

awkwardly, even though i have an obession of looking at myself in the mirror at a million different angles, i never ever pop, squeeze, scratch, or pick at my pimples, blackheads, or whiteheads.

the only thing i do, is when i notice massive dead flaky skin, i just rub it off. i am not sure if that constitutes as picking but yeah..

i am currently seeing a top notch counselor (or so thats what i was told). She has told me that my OCD, and obsessing about my looks right now is so severe that i can permanently fuck my life.

She told me that on a scale of 1-10, i am an 8. I told her i fall into a depression when i wake up and look at myself in the mirror, and i continue looking at myself sometimes 15x a day.

i dont know what to do..

Well listen to what she she says. Open up to her and get help.You might possibly need to go on medication to aid you in your therapy.

You being happy IS possible and I want to see you get through this!

You being happy IS possible and I want to see you get through this!

^ This

Timehealsall, you can do it. You have to do it. There's no turning back already and I hate seeing you wandering on this site, trying to look for answers that actually isn't there, just like I did before. See, some people here are trying to help you, if not, they won't reply you here. You have to show us you try being normal again, mentally. Believe me, there's no answer that you're looking for. It's a fact. How can you find answers or advises to change a fact? This might sound harsh, but as you said, time heals all. Remind yourself about this, or there will be no end.

You can always come up here for support and comfort, like I do, but show us at least you try? :comfort:

Edited by lameleah

I am also guilty of this as well. Sometimes when I do this I tend to overtreat my skin and get away from the regimen that keeps me clear. Often I'll obsess about a particular spot and then when I move on to obsess about another spot the original one seems to heal right up (don't know if its in my mind or not messsing with it that helped). Also, it is hard to tell if you are improving if you obsess infront of the mirror. It may make you prematurely abandon habits that are actually helping yor acne. Think about a puppy growing up. You don't notice it growing as much if your around it all day, everyday, but someone who sees him once and then again 2 weeks later will immediately notice a difference in his size. Stay away from the mirror as much as possible other than washing/treating. Easier said than done I know lol Staying busy is the only thing that works for me, and this seems to be when my acne is its best.

last year i moved into a place with supersoft, orange-ish light in the bathroom and i love it. i know it's masking reality but i don't care. i try to avoid all other forms of reflection, and you should really try doing the same. i have done it for years.