Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakNpink

My ever changing regimen (View last page for updates)

Starting as of 1/20

Scroll to the bottom of the page for my current regimen

I am no longer doing this B5 regimen as it made me sick as hell

I am throwing everything out and starting a completely new regimen..which will include the following

I will be taking 10grams of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)

I will be using the Puritan's Pride brand that contains 100 500mg time release tablets

@ 20 per day divided into 4 doses of 5 pills each. Followed by a B-100 complex, Biotin 1000, inositol and a prenatal vitamin I always take (no I am not pregnant)

For info on B5 & acne -click here

,here

and here.

Replacing my usual panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide bar with Adovia natural sulfur bar

Replacing my 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment with Adult Acnomel 8% sulfur cream

Will use both of these day & nite..followed by pure EVOO (nite only) since sulfur seems to be pretty drying and B5 will dramatically slow oil production. I plan to get to the store soon and pick up Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture, Night

End result after 2 months of this regimen -

Oil production decreased a lot..that's about it..made me sick to the point I missed a few days of work..my body was not happy..threw B5 in trash..felt better.FIN

Edited by freakNpink

Day 1 - 1/20

Experienced some nausea, but could be due to the chantix im taking to quit smoking..

B vitamins appear to make your pee lime green lol

surfer is def drying...need a better moisturizer asap

No notable difference in skin other then dryness

Going out of town for the weekend will update w pics when I return

Edited by freakNpink

Day 4 - 1/24

Sucky side of things first..

Trying to remember take all these pills is a bigger task then I expected...

looks like my skin may be starting to purge already...feel a massive breakout coming on..

thank god for sick days

On the upside..

B5 is no longer making me sick to my stomach.

Skin is def less oily throughout the day

I seem to have more energy then usual

Pictures coming tomorrow

-better late then never?

Day 5 - 1/25

New pics are up...awaiting approval - link in my sig

I have decided I really hate the sulfur cream I picked out to use in this reg..

(Adult Acnomel 8% sulfur cream)

I got it off of amazon..paid high ass shipping then saw that AcneFree has a sulfur mask out now

while I was at Walmart..It's a much less expensive knockoff of Proactiv's refining mask..think I paid 6 bucks for 1 ounce of the AcneFree stuff, but I love it..works just as well for me.

But anyways...Amazon sent me the tinted version of this cream (I ordered the regular kind) and by tinted I mean a horrible very unnatural brown color that is impossible to blend..I feel like I'm putting chalk like foundation on when I wear this stuff and I put it on before I go to bed...it rubs off on stuff too...just horrible

I'm really unsure about this product until I can try the non tinted one...

The large cyst on my left cheek is showing zero signs of shrinkage...resisting strong urges to poke it with a needle and then squeeze the shit out of it...to ultimately cause a bigger problem :wall:

My heart really goes out to anyone who has severe cystic acne..as I can't imagine what hell you deal with each and everyday or how bad it hurts to touch your face.

Acne is so cruel

Edited by freakNpink

Day 6 - 1/26

Def shrinkage on the was huge cyst on my left cheek!

Huge drop in oil production...I am usually a grease slick by 1pm..it's now 7pm and it's not to the point that I fell I need to wash or blot...B5 does indeed cut oil production..major. I am really excited to continue this regimen...

Btw if anyone wants to jump on the B5 bandwagon Puritan's pride is giving $20 off of $50 orders till this sat 1/29.. on top of an already great deal with buy 1 get one free or buy 2 get 3 free and so on..

Edited by freakNpink

Day 7 - 1/27

One week in

No negative effects or crazy breakout from dropping Benzoyl Peroxide cold turkey..yet

rather surprised...my skin is a lot less dried out

Edited by freakNpink

Day 12 - 2/1

Just got hit w/ the major breakout..hopefully just b5 purge..

I'm breaking out where I never breakout..

Will post pics tomorrow...guess it's gonna be some kinda badass snow day here in Missouri..won't be making it in to work...give me something to do..

P.S. Amazon SUCKS! Learned the hard way...took money out of my account unauthorized..back to good old ebay..never any problems there.

Edited by freakNpink

I feel your pain. I'm currently going through the Retin-A purge. Stay stong and don't give up!

I feel your pain. I'm currently going through the Retin-A purge. Stay stong and don't give up!

Thanks for the support! It's hard not to stop something when it looks like it's doing more harm then good.

Day 19 - 2/8

Breaking out like mad currently..

Ok...I kinda added a bunch of things...supplement wise

Now taking...

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg x2

Biotin 5000mcg

Pantothenic Acid (B5) 500mg x 20

B-100 Complex

Prenatal Vitamin

Chantix x2 (to quit smoking)

Take otc diphemhydramine for sleep every night..or I don't sleep at all

& since birth control can affect acne..thought I should mention

I have the Implanon

and I'm starting a new eating plan where I drink a whey protein shake as a meal replacement or two daily..worried this will cause acne...anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Any suggestions for what supplements I could add..would be great..

People have said that using whey protein and lots of milk in protein shakes can be bad for acne. I've drinken alot of shakes and can't tell if they affect my acne though.

Another note, That is a ton of biotin you are taking. People have said Biotin can definitely break you out, and you're taking 2500x the daily dose so that could be a factor.

I can't really tell if the whey is affecting my skin or not since it goes back in fourth so much.

Now the Biotin is going back to the store asap..I have been getting weird clusters of breakouts on my jaw line..never break out that low on my face and after reading about biotin and acne...I'm sure it's the culprit. Thanks for the info or I would of never thought to look that up

2/25

Changes made to regimen

lots of them...

Dropped the sulfur wash as I think the one I picked out was utter crap

Started using my panoxyl 10% Benzoyl Peroxide bar again

Dropped the sulfur cream..it's just ..well feels too much like makeup to put and leave on my face

(will look for another brand)

Started using the Olay Pro X cleaning system nightly with panoxyl and it's amazing! Just started 2 weeks ago and already seeing results. Everyone needs to at least try it out.

Cut B5 down from 10 grams daily to 5 grams daily due to it making me sick to my stomach all the time and seem to be doing all right with it now. Hopefully the smaller dosage will still be effective for controlling oil production.

Dropped biotin as it caused some serious clusters and possibly a cyst on my jawline..so I guess ill just be taking my chances with the B5 without it (fingers crossed)

Status: Seem to be clearing up and I'm pretty sure I owe 90% of it to the olay pro x tool being used with my panoxyl bar

New pic uploaded and awaiting approval

Edited by freakNpink

keep updating.i'm following your post..i'm on retin-A + Adapalene + Bcomplex supplement with zinc and breaking out real bad..curious about the mysterious ways of b5.

thanks..all the best.

Sorry to disappoint, but I give up..

Nothing for me works ever...only temp fixes

really...if and when I outgrow this I'm gonna have fucking winkles by that time..

I have tried everything and I'm tired

the amount of money spent and useless products under my sink..is pathetic

Acne has ruined my life and confidence

Acne wins...I give up

Oh, please don't say that.... (KNOCK ON WOOD) I have had my acne under control since 07/2009, had a fucked up breakout in september of 09 after going back to shoving dairy (after being off it for 2 months...) then finally COMPLETELY cut it out 09/2009. I had severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression because of IT. I have been seeing the same esthi since may of 09, she is now a very close friend of mine. I actually just loggged on here after a year or 2....I remember you had said some really nice things to me while I was pregnant and SUFFERING from the WORST case of cystic acne ever... I know what you feel like and I hope I can now give you a few words of encouragement. I will post my regimen and all that after this response...hopefully upload a few pics...

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! I too am a firm believer that accutane is more bad than good..So I never ever , even at my worst, thought it would be an option. I'll inbox you my personal email and maybe we can chat from there... Acne looks 100x worse to us than the rest of the world. but you're not all that bad anyway... So, enough rambling...hope to hear from you soon...

Oh, please don't say that.... (KNOCK ON WOOD) I have had my acne under control since 07/2009, had a fucked up breakout in september of 09 after going back to shoving dairy (after being off it for 2 months...) then finally COMPLETELY cut it out 09/2009. I had severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression because of IT. I have been seeing the same esthi since may of 09, she is now a very close friend of mine. I actually just loggged on here after a year or 2....I remember you had said some really nice things to me while I was pregnant and SUFFERING from the WORST case of cystic acne ever... I know what you feel like and I hope I can now give you a few words of encouragement. I will post my regimen and all that after this response...hopefully upload a few pics...

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! I too am a firm believer that accutane is more bad than good..So I never ever , even at my worst, thought it would be an option. I'll inbox you my personal email and maybe we can chat from there... Acne looks 100x worse to us than the rest of the world. but you're not all that bad anyway... So, enough rambling...hope to hear from you soon...

Thank you for the support and kind words...I was having a hard time even convincing myself to go to work. I look forward to your regimen post :angel:

I'm convinced I have some kind of infection going on..since only the right side of my face seems to be under attack.... :wall:

I currently have around 11 cysts on the right side of my face

a few hours ago...

The itchiness and pain was driving me crazy and I did the Unthinkable

I got really pissed off and squeezed like 3 of my worst cysts till I saw bright blood..:wall:

washed good with an anti-bacterial wash, applied a thick layer of honey and popped a anti inflammatory....dare I say they look a lot better..? Possible big regrets to come when they scar me.

Seeing a doctor on Friday to get back on Antibiotics

Seeing another doctor on April 18th..that knows a bit more about this kinda stuff

Going to my first ever derm appointment on May 13th

Possibly getting my implanon birth control taken out of my arm asap!

Honey is amazing! Why did I wait so long to try this out :wall:

Reduced redness, swelling and seemed to promote faster healing

Going to buy raw organic honey asap

Update 4/3

This is my new & current regimen

I went to this awesome health store over the weekend and decided to try an all natural approach and spend all my money while there. lol

Ive been doing research on some known natural acne remedy s and have made up the following regimen

Remove makeup w/ 2 drops Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree castile soap

Apply raw organic honey, let sit awhile, massage into skin and rinse

-Honey has been used for ages to promote healing of the skin and is high in anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties

I will then follow with Desert Essence Kinder to Skin Tea Tree Oil 20% on a cotton ball to remove any residue left by the honey and to act as a treatment

Finish off with a few drops of Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil as a moisturizer

Washing my back & body with Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree castile soap

Steaming my face w/ 1tsp sea salt for 30mins ea Sunday, followed by a sulfur mask

I have started taking saw palmetto which is a possible natural alternative to spironolactone

I am drinking Spearmint tea before bed each night as it can help regulate hormones in woman and drinking as much water as I can stand

Cutting back on refined sugars and dairy as much as possible

Edited by freakNpink

Hi freaknpink,

I always say going natural is the best but sometimes it is not enough. Your choice of regimen is good, just dont forget to balance it with other stuff. Here are a few...

Almost everyone has suffered from acne at one time or another in his or her lives. It is primarily a disorder of the sebaceous gland (glands in the skin that secrete an oily substance) of the face, the neck and back. When the sebaceous glands become clogged with the oily substance they create, the accumulation results in pimples. There are several forms of acne, but the most common is acne vulgaris, found primarily in adolescents.

The exact cause of acne is not known, but factors that contribute to this condition include heredity, oily skin and androgens. Additional factors include allergies, stress, the use of certain drugs, nutritional deficiencies, liver dysfunction, exposure to industrial pollutants, cosmetics and the monthly menstrual cycle.

In addition, the skin functions to eliminate a portion of the body's toxic waste by sweating. If the body contains more toxins than the kidneys or liver can effectively discharge, the skin takes over. In fact, some doctors call the skin the 3rd kidney. As toxins escape through the skin, they can disrupt the health and integrity of the skin, creating issues.

<B>Recommendations for Wellness</B>

Note: Some of these recommendations may take 2-4 weeks before any results or improvements are experienced.

Apply distilled white vinegar (can be diluted if too strong) to the face and affected areas. Allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.

Lemon or any citric fruit works great as a natural exfoliate, removing dead skin cells that may clog the pours. As with the white vinegar, apply the juice of a lemon (or desired citric juice) to the face. Allow it to dry for about 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water. You may feel a mild sting or burn when the lemon juice is applied. If so, diluting the juice is acceptable.

Increase water consumption. Water helps flush toxin out and help transport nutrients in the body.

Eat a properly balanced diet to ensure proper nutrition. Take a high quality multiple vitamin and mineral supplement to make up for nutrients missing in today's foods.

Echinacea or Oregon grape can be used to boost the immune system and fight acne-causing

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*

Thanks for the advice, but lemon juice, vinegar etc..Ive tried and no longer work for me.

Water and diet..that's something I can work on

as for the link to the spamy get rid of acne fast website..no thanks

4/4

I'm 4 days into this regimen and I must say my skin is looking better

So far it doesn't seem to miss the loads of benzoyl peroxide I smothered it in daily one bit

My skin feels so clean using the castile soap..I think I'm addicted to this stuff

Everything seems to be going well so far..if I just could stop forgetting to take my pills before work in the am I would be great..

Edited by freakNpink

4/8 -Day 8

I left the honey on for hours yesterday and wow I seriously have no active acne on my face today..just red-marks..a shit load of em, but I'm excited!

Edited by freakNpink