Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clint06

Do Copper Peptides actually regenerate skin??!

Copper peptides (in conjunction with daily/weekly exfoliations) have removed some fine lines on my face and have softened some wrinkles and some pitted scars. I've been using them for 12 months, though I took about three months off. Most people give up on them after three months or so, and of the ones that persevere, some report improvement and others don't. It seems to be a hit or miss experiment.

The creams seem to be more effective than the serums, from my experience.

You definitely need to combine the peptides with a peel/exfoliator of some sort.

I think that copper peptides might have some validity to them, but I looked over this site from the "inventor". They also sell Hair Regrowth products, a cream that they claim will give a breast lift, and Pheromones to Attract Women or men. There is a reason why none of this garbage is FDA approved, but people can figure it out on their own. Also, this study was published in something called: Cosmetics & Medicine (Russia) April 2004. hehe

There is another side though:

"Three interesting studies performed by James Leyden, M.D. of the University of Pennsylvania (and sponsored by Neutrogena) were presented at the March 2002 American Academy Meeting which determined the effectiveness and benefits that GHK Copper Peptides provided in skin rejuvenation."

source: http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newslette...5133906A94AF%7D

Only time will tell?

Well, I wouldn't exactly call that stuff "garbage" (their Folligen product slowed my hairloss) but there is definitely a dearth of positive testimonials outside the skinbio website. I've hunted long and hard for them, and have found very few.

Having said that, I'm sticking with Trireduction for another 6 months, minimum. It is definitely helping, albeit slowly.

Hmm... what's this stuff you guys have been using? The problem with my face is that it is quite red and in some areas there are bumps... but in a few areas where it is red and there are blemishes... my skin is completely smooth! What's the deal with my skin??? How can I get rid of these blemishes quickly?

Katrina,

You can read about copper peptides at www.skinbiology.com

Also, salicylic acid really keeps my skin clear.

Thanks Robert! wink.gif

Your a real charmer... hehe! Send me a private message... we could talk together some... hehe!

GOD BLESS YA!

Here's some info on Copper:

"copper gluconate. Copper is an important trace element for human nutrition. The body needs copper to absorb and utilize iron, and copper is also a component of the powerful antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase. Copper supplements have been shown to increase superoxide dismutase levels in humans (Source: Healthnotes Review of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, www.healthnotes.com). The synthesis of collagen and elastin is in part related to the presence of copper in the body, and copper is also important for many other processes. For example, there is research showing that copper is effective for wound healing (Sources: Journal of Clinical Investigation, November 1993, pages 2368–2376; and Federation of European Biochemical Sciences Letter, October 1988, pages 343–346). However, wound healing is the result of many biophysical processes that have nothing to do with wrinkling. See superoxide dismutase." - cosmeticscop.com

Basically, everyones' results vary. It may or may not help the appearance of your scarring.

Guest Scorpioness

Regular CPs didn't do much of anything for my skin the year and a half I used them. I am giving the Super CP another chance with the Retin-A, sparingly, because it breaks me out if I use too much or use it without Retin-A.

I also use a combination of Salicylic acid, Neova Copper Peptide Cream and Neova GHK Copper Peptide Complex Lotion with Retinol for about three weeks. The dark red spots/hyperpigmentation is noticeable lighter, my skin texture is much smoother, the raise scars are slowly flattening and the pores seems to be getting smaller. Like some people I thought my large pores are scars. I use the copper peptide cream before I go to bed every night. The Copper Peptide Complex Lotion is applied every morning before I leave for work. So far I have only use the 20% Salicylic acid twice. The first time I left it on for 1 1/2 minutes. On my second Salicylic acid peel I left it on for too long, 3 1/2 minutes, my face got burnt. It took 4 days to heal and another 3 day for my dead skin to completely peel off. During this time I was using the Neova Copper Peptide Cream several times a day. It helps to reduce the redness from the acid peel. Now I just use the 50% Salicylic acid mask from Loganwood. I am not sure about copper peptide regenerating skin but it is noticeable improvement on my face ever since I start using them daily.

This combination works better than the two smooth beam sessions I had within the past two months.

I wouldn't call it garbage either -- I've been using copper peptides everyday for the last 2.5 months and I am seeing a cosmetic and molecular difference with my skin. My aging skin is reversing itself. My scars are still there but visibly they are softer to look at. But overall, my skin on my face has never look better -- seriously. Copper peptides work really slowly -- you must develop patience.

I've been using copper peptides everyday for the last 2.5 months and I am seeing a cosmetic and molecular difference with my skin. My aging skin is reversing itself.

I wouldn't call it garbage either -- I've been using copper peptides everyday for the last 2.5 months and I am seeing a cosmetic and molecular difference with my skin. My aging skin is reversing itself. My scars are still there but visibly they are softer to look at. But overall, my skin on my face has never look better -- seriously. Copper peptides work really slowly -- you must develop patience.

copper peptides along with peels gave me about a 50% improvemnet in my scars from daily use for one year

I used the regular CP serum, Super CP serum and super cop.

Regular: evened up my skintone, but nothing else. Did not break me out.

Super Serum: same as the above. Noticed no changes to my scars. Did not break me out.

Super COP: spot treated icepicks with this. Caused irritation, the skin underneath the icepicks swelled and broke out. My icepicks looked larger after using this as a spot treatment for one month. Took me almost three months before they looked "normal" again. I emailed Dr. Pickart (skinbio doc) and he stated that the Super Cop can cause irritation and to be cautious when using. My advice would be to stay far away from the super cop cream.

**Edited to add: I used the serums for about a year, but I did not use them in conjunction w/ peels, etc. Others (Denise, Robert, etc) have gotten good results using them in conjunction w/ other products. Also, Dr. Pickart is WONDERFUL about answering emails.

Edited by animegirle

Yes, Super Cop is intense. When I recommended the creams I was referring to Trireduction and P & R Basic.

I had very good results too. I didn't do too well the the creams, but did great with regular and Super Serum.

When combined with peels, they can really do a number on scars; shrinking them. But....as Robert and I both have emphasized over and over....you gotta give it time. I noticed a big difference after using them a for a year. The changes are slow and you really should use them with an exfoliant/peels for good results on scars.

Super Cop was made for the body; it's pretty harsh and has tons of pore clogging ingredients in it.

I have tried the skin biology CP, Super CP and super COP. I havent found they've helped at all. I used them for over 6 months, I dont bother anymore.

well i have been using the super cop on my face and at first it burned me, now my skin is accustome to it, it doesn't brake me out or anything.

I ordered a 20% salicylic peel and i plan to alternate between the super serum and super cop after the peels

I'll be doing this until i save up for a dermabrasion, might as well use up the products smile.gif

Denise2, Hi, you speak about using and liking Copper Peptides in the past tense. Your scars are all gone now? Also, if you used them along with peels, could it not be the peels alone that helped?