Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sherbear

List of products you will need while on Accutane

Okay so I've been researching what products are must haves while on accutane. Here's my list so far. Please reply if you have anything that you absolutely recommend that I need to add to my list. Also does anyone know stores that carry Emu oil? I'd prefer to not have to buy products online and have to pay shipping and handling.

Aquaphor…….Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 w/ Parsol 1789

Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50

Cetaphil Therapeutic Hand Cream

Makeup Primer

Dove Sensitive Skin Soap

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Wash

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel

Natural Ice brand medicated lip balm with SPF 15 UV protection

Visine Moisturizing drops, any brand of artificial Tears

Nizoral A-D anti dandruff shampoo twice a week. The active ingredient in Nizoral AD is an anti-fungal drug named Ketoconazole 1% and thekey to making it work well is to let it sit on your scalp for at least 5 full minutes or as long as 15 minutes.

On the other five days of the week- Neutrogena's T-Gel anti dandruff shampoo

Dove Moisturizing Body Bar in the shower

Neutrogena SPF 15 Oil Free Moisturizer face lotion and L'Oreal Futur-E Moisturizer SPF 15 with a "Daily Dose of Pure Vitamin E". Recommended that you specifically avoid the "Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF 15" product which causes a burning and stinging sensation.

Neutrogena brand SPF 30 or 45 UVA/UVB sun block products with minimal breakouts.

Red bumpy rash- Eumovate Cream, which is a "corticosteroid", /Cortaid Cortisone cream, or Eucerin cream (a.ka. Aquaphor Ointment)

Daily dosage of a glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin supplement which will help keep the cartilage in your joints moist and flexible. Drinking a "Joint Juice" – Google it to find out what it is.

Olay total effects or the less pricey Olay Complete, but Total Effects is preferred

Emu Oil