Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccersweetie1101

Light scarring...what are my options?

Hey everyone:)

So I'm pretty much clear of all acne now (thank god) but like most people I'm far from the end to clear skin.

Here's what I have: large pores, hyperpigmentation, scarred pores, I think a hypertrophic scar, and uneven skin tone

I was thinking of doing a chemical peel (45% lactic acid or 35% glycolic acid) would this help?

What are my other options?

Thanks!

Pores are always very hard to treat. I have bad pores and the best thing I found was sweating from exercising and a good cleanser and moisturiser. I think what a lot of people try are lasers and rolling for pores to to make them smaller.

Hyperpigmentation? Are you talking about red marks from acne or hyperpigmentation? Ive heard a lot of people here complain about red marks being hyperpigmentaition but it's not that. If it's red marks then use a good sunscreen and other products.

Guest Timehealsall

yea, pores are hard to treat.

You know what i noticed? It seems no matter what, any pimple you get on the cheek has a high chance of leaving an enlarged pore. it sucks

Guest Timehealsall

do you have any pictures that we can see?

Guest Timehealsall

can you post a picture to show wht u have?

Microdermabrasion may help if it's mild. IT wouldn't be permanent and you'd need a series.
Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

for pitted scarring? dont think that will work, but gl!

Guest Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

Hey soccersweetie,

I had very mild scarring-- I have a post on the scar boards somewhere so you can see what I'm talking about should you become curious-- that responded VERY well to a home microdermabrasion kit and to twice daily applications of Mederma scar gel. I do the microdermabrasion once a week, but for the first week I did it once every other day. I'm on DKR but I've had no problems breaking out due to irritation or anything like that, and whatever I had resembling a mild scar is now eliminated. I can't recommend this combo enough-- it's cheap and nearly risk-free. Good luck!