Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moisturizers in general don't agree well with my skin. I have never tried AHA before but it has been getting great reviews. I have been on the regimen for 3 weeks with mixed results so far. (I admit that its mostly my fault because I cant commit to the regimen exactly do to my schedule and that moisturizers and me dont mix).

Moisturizers in general don't agree well with my skin. I have never tried AHA before but it has been getting great reviews. I have been on the regimen for 3 weeks with mixed results so far. (I admit that its mostly my fault because I cant commit to the regimen exactly do to my schedule and that moisturizers and me dont mix).

using dan's bp with dan's regimen didn't work for me (had a reaction (far worse than an ib!) and had to stop), but the AHA was fantastic. I can't say how it will work in conjunction with the regimen, but I use it twice a week and it really improves my skin's texture and feel; as I said though I would personally be VERY wary of using it at the same time as BP!

Moisturizers and you DO mix, you just have to find the one that fits you, weather it be an expensive designer brand, or a knock off of some cheap brand from walmart or even an oil like emu, jojoba, or olive oil.

And i've used an AHA lotion at night for around a month, maybe two, and i really don't see any fantastic results, but a lot of people swear on it.

And to the above poster, its PERFECTLY safe to use AHA and BP together, just don't over do the AHA or it'll result in loads of flakes and irritated skin.

Its tough finding a good quality moisturizers to begin with.. Especially applying it over BP.. AHA helps me the best when I have a pimple forming at its early stage. I apply a dot of AHA on top of it and by the next morning its gone! As a moisturizer its okay, I would recommend waiting after a 1-2 months after the regimen before applying AHA. Three weeks is still to early and your skin is adapting to the regimen. Don't give up! :surprised:

Hey,

I tried AHA because of all the rave reviews as well but ended up with a fucked-up face. It didn't break me out, necessarily, but it left my face feeling thick and leathery, and very, very red. I stopped it altogether for a week, then started up again at 2X a week. After reducing my application my texture became nice, milky and even-toned again, but I also got a horrible breakout because of the irritation from it: after I stopped using it every night my face had the worst breakout I've experienced since being on the Regimen-- I had 5 inflamed zits and 6 or so clogged pores.

I don't know why Dan pushes it so hard... I think it's an OK product but it's no secret weapon. I don't even think it helps with the barely-forming zits. You need to remember that our skin on the Regimen is very delicate and anything can irritate it... and irritation DOES lead to acne!

HOWEVER, it has done a fantastic job at preventing body acne and clearing body acne red marks. I can't recommend it enough for that purpose!