Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShamBam

Cover FX- Concealer and Powder

So I just bought some concealer and powder foundation from Sephora. This guy recommended it to me. It's called "Cover FX". The concealer is called Camouflage Concealer- Conceal FX and then the powder- Powder FX. Apparently its suitable for acne- prone skin and dermatologist recommended blah blah etc. So who's been using it? Any breakouts? Opinions? So far I think it covers up nicely- color wise and its not too cakey, pretty light.

Cover FX and Powder FX gave me cystic acne and i still have the scar from one of the spots to this day. Horrible stuff in my opinion. And they swore to me that this stuff COULD NOT cause acne. Maybe I should sue them lol

I really, really liked the Cover FX liquid foundation except for the fact that I am VERY pale, and their palest shade is much too yellow. If they had a color that matched, I would have purchased it!

I bought the CoverFX and anti-acne primer...I haven't tried the primer yet though because i'm scared it might hurt my skin more than help it.

I'v only put the CoverFX on once so far, it takes awhile to blend it in properly and you only need a little tiny bit on for it to look natural.

It made my skin look natural and the it matched my skin tone perfectly. The only problem with it that I found is it will rub off relatively easy, so you need to put a setting powder on over top of it.

if you dont use a primer, i'd at least put a small amount of moisturizer on before the foundation.

I had afew white head pop up around my mouth and my chin, but I dont know if it's because of the foundation or because of my diet / period coming up soon. I also had used the ponds exfoliating cloths the same day so it may have been that.

I'v had no pimples since wearing the foundation though, so that's good.

I bought this about a month ago and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. I bought the cream foundation and the mineral compact. The coverage it gives is awesome, but I now have 5 cysts on my chin and that's where I applied most of the foundation. I think I'm going to keep it for special occasions since it took about a week before I started breaking out.

Honestly, I thought it was terrible when I first started using it, because I didnt know how. I light is what color i got. It was extremely orange and I was very scared. The amazing thing is you only need a little, and blend it out a lot. Then, it looks pretty good. Im not going for the "natural" look because I do wear a more smokey eye and foundation, so I guess if you very natural this is probably not the best for you.