Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrunkPickle

What do you guys think of my pores?

What do you guys thing of my pores? They got big ever since I started getting blackheads (I got rid of most of them) Are they scarred? Will they ever shrink? What treatments should I use.

I know my nose is all red on some of the pics, but that's because I just put lemon juice on it, and I do also realize that I have a lot of cut/wounds. I'm 15 btw.

http://img510.imageshack.us/i/dscn1981q.jpg/

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/dscn1989l.jpg/

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/dscn1991bw.jpg/

http://img407.imageshack.us/i/dscn1992.jpg/

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/dscn1993sn.jpg/

The pores are not horrid,but did you get those wounds from trying to extract your blackheads? It looks like you went WAY overboard. This can really damage your pores and make them look worse.

Also,I hope you don't overdo the lemon juice.How often do you apply it?

If you want to extract your nose so badly then I think you should ask your parents if you can go in for a facial. A lot of college guys get it done,don't be shy about it. In fact,a lot of upper class business men in Seattle get facials done.I always see one or two of them when I go.

The pores are not horrid,but did you get those wounds from trying to extract your blackheads?

I got the wounds from trying to peel off my skin when it became really dry one day due to these Clearasil pads.

Also,I hope you don't overdo the lemon juice.How often do you apply it?

I actually just started using it today, I used it once, and then again about 15 min later.

Don't pick at it anymore! Those look like nail marks. If I were you, I'd use some ACV or BP to dry up blackheads. You could also try a mud mask.

Anyone else?

First of all, your skin looks really irritated. Do you moisturize?

Secondly, I don't think it's healthy for anyone to be looking at such close up pictures of their skin. Don't over analyze it.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Hey there,

You've definitely got to stop picking! :[ This will cause serious scarring. The sebaceous filaments are normal size. Like people have said, you can't really see them unless you're up close and focusing on them. Calm down with the lemon juice, your face looks irritated. You might benefit from not treating your face and giving it some time to heal, even if you get new acne. Find a good moisturizer that doesn't irritate your skin and use that, and then splash your face with water at the end of the night, follow up with the moisturizer. You'll find that a lot of people here testify to the fact that their acne wasn't that bad until they started using acne products etc, you're still young bro/sis! :3

Seriously though, don't spend a lot of time in the mirror, and try not to stress over your skin. Once your skin heals over, you may have some light scarring, but you're still young and it'll probably heal up. If it doesn't, then you can try topical retinoids, aha/bhas, or internal supplements. Best of luck to ya!

Whoah. Dude. Stop messing with your nose for a good couple of weeks, other than gentle washing and moisturizing, and maybe some polysporin or neosporin over the moisturizer. Let the poor things heal. Your pores are pretty average for an acne suffer, but I totally understand the desire to extract them all.

What are you using on your skin right now?

Omega... would an aethetician actually extract what look to be more like sebaceous filaments than true blackheads? I have no understanding of what facials are like, so I'm just wondering.

Whoah. Dude. Stop messing with your nose for a good couple of weeks, other than gentle washing and moisturizing, and maybe some polysporin or neosporin over the moisturizer. Let the poor things heal. Your pores are pretty average for an acne suffer, but I totally understand the desire to extract them all.

What are you using on your skin right now?

Omega... would an aethetician actually extract what look to be more like sebaceous filaments than true blackheads? I have no understanding of what facials are like, so I'm just wondering.

I honestly don't know the difference...I know I have blackheads that are more like goop that fill right back up as soon as they're extracted,they're more brown in color...but there I also get blackheads that are hard and more black.Both come out white when removed from the pore.The goop blackheads I get are only on my nose.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

All I have to say is leave your nose the fuck alone. That is some ridiculously abusive picking right there. Stop picking, now.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

wow looks like u went on them super harshly dude. :huh:

id say u now need to apply something very light and relieving/moisturizing at first and yea just leave them fukin alone for some goood time, i dont see y u would do this anyways, pores like this are like for everyone, u just needed to use some biore strips or something to clean them out and thats all, but now ull have to heal all that up before, and cant touchyo nose for long!

personally me id apply jojoba or rosehip oil overnight in this case, since that reduces redness somewhat but maybe someobdy else knows something better to suggest bcz idk tbh, just that leave yo nose alone now!! o__o

All I have to say is leave your nose the fuck alone. That is some ridiculously abusive picking right there. Stop picking, now.

Haha YES I agree. It looks like you've irritated it too much. Be more gentle with your skin.

Guest Timehealsall

wow dude, did this happen from picking at your nose??

i would stop the picking immediatly!.