Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Seeing a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon

Hey all,

I'm see a reconstructive plastic surgeon on Tuesday for a tca peel gone wrong on my acne scars and left with severe third degree burn scars.

I'm a little excited and hope he will z plasty some of the big ones, although i have a sneaking suspicion he might recommend laser. He as over 32 years experience and im hoping that means he might be a little innovative.

I'm a bit suprised all this is happening to be honest. I've been actively planning to commit suicide and it wasnt until i told my parents, that they seemed to want to help. I have an interview tomorrow with a Suicide Prevention Service officer which should be interesting. Does anyone have experience with them? *im not sure where i am at with all of it, but ill keep an open mind*.

Also, has anyone seen a reconstructive plastic surgeon here by any chance, or a cosmetic plastic surgeon. If so, what were your experiences :)

Edited by Mr President

I wish you luck with your visit!! I know it will help so much! I haven't even gotten rid of all my acne and am already looking into a fix for my terrible scars!! I know you have had a hard time with this whole process, but always remember that we are all in this together! Good luck and let us know how it goes!! :)

Hey Mr president

Wish u all the best and success..

About the suicide , I think all ppl think about it even someones with clear skin

I do have this thought too , but it is something bad to commit a suiscide in my religion

So, sometimes I wish to die normally ..

I cry , can't sleep and eat .. But when I think of other ppl I say oh thank God I'm better than them

At the university , there are ppl on wheel chairs , sometimes without legs or arms

And they smile and laugh , also there are blind ppl who are very clever and successful

I'm sure they feel the PAIN but when u think that u can walk , run , live ur life without the need of others to help u will be happy

And again wish u all the best

Keep us updated

Hey Mr president

Wish u all the best and success..

About the suicide , I think all ppl think about it even someones with clear skin

I do have this thought too , but it is something bad to commit a suiscide in my religion

So, sometimes I wish to die normally ..

I cry , can't sleep and eat .. But when I think of other ppl I say oh thank God I'm better than them

At the university , there are ppl on wheel chairs , sometimes without legs or arms

And they smile and laugh , also there are blind ppl who are very clever and successful

I'm sure they feel the PAIN but when u think that u can walk , run , live ur life without the need of others to help u will be happy

And again wish u all the best

Keep us updated

lol i used to feel like that tooo mimi - before all this happened :) im now one of those people you talk about. i now get stares whenever im out and about and whenever i smiled like i used to, instead of getting phone numbers, they dont smile back! LOL.

all this has been really positive...ive been tying up all my lose ends and giving away a lot of my stuff to charities/friends and writing some very meaningful letters. i know im not allowed to tell the people coming over tomorrow *with fear of being locked up*, but im looking forward to my suicide and the freedom it brings...whenever i mention it tho, no one else understands and they seem to go sad at how relaxed it all is!

I wonder if this thread will be deleted :) if it does, so be it!

Edited by Mr President

Hey there good luck i havent seen any plastic surgeons only derms so yeah could be a diffferent experience for you hopefully this surgeon will be what you are looking for.Which surgeon are you seeing maybe i have heard of the surgeon before.

Guest Zapotee

Do not give up hope... You will find a solution, it's just a matter of time. You need to be alive for that!

I know how it feels, I've been there...

I wish you the best of luck with your appointment.

Please don't consider suicide. Please. I've been down that road too for similar reasons and have learned a lot. I will tell you that while you may feel trapped now and think that you will never look the same, trust me when I say things will get much better. It's amazing how much time can heal wounds. It does wonders.

While my scars haven't gone away completely, they have smoothed out tremendously with very little treatment. There were times I remember thinking nothing would change. I felt helpless and trapped. The skin has an amazing way of healing itself. If you want to see proof, please PM me and I can show you pics.

I wish you the best of luck, but I wonder if you should be doing anything drastic right now with a plastic surgeon because of your emotions. If it turns out great, I know that will help, but if there is a long recovery period, it may be too much for your to deal with now. If you let the doctor know you have been suicidal he will be relunctant to treat you and for good reason, he doesn't want to see a patient of his kill himself. I know there can be peace in "letting go" as in dying, but you have to find other ways to let go of the pain, it can be done, and life may have something special to offer you in the future.

Hi Mr. President:

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with scarring, but please check with a counselor on this issue. I am glad you've voiced your needs to your parents and are planning to speak with a counselor on this issue. Feel free to PM me, too.

While you may voice various issues at the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne forum, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. We have instituted this policy due to past experiences with suicide threads attracting all sorts of hideously unsupportive and nasty behavior; not only that, no one here is equipped to deal with such a psychiatric emergency. You are welcome to elicit support on topics that do not touch on suicide in any way.

I strongly encourage you to seek a professional's assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

and my personal favorite:

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/