Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmaguy115

My Mild acne journy

So I come to the forums to find some help and perhaps some tips as to getting clearer skin.

I've had acne for about 3 years now, since I was about 14. I've tried almost every department store acne medicine, Nuetrogena, Clearisil, Proactive, SKin ID and have never found any permanent success. In September I decided it was time to see a dermatologist. I was prescribed liquid clindamycin phosphate, which seemed to do nothing. A month later I was perscribed Sulfacetamide Sodium Topical Suspension along with another daily cream medicine. The other daily cream medicine turned my skin bright red for weeks and had no effect, same with the Sulfacetamide. Another month later i was prescribed Sulfacetamide with 100mg doxycycline pills to take daily. I've been on doxycycline pills with a topical sulfacetamide medicine and neutrogenia oil free daily wash for about 3 months now. I saw a pretty drastic change in my skin, no more under skin pimples, very few pimples along jaw line and cheeks and nose. However, my skin refuses to fully clear up. I've began drinking lots and lots of water the past month, eating a lot healthier, and continued working out 4-6 times a week like I have been for the past year. My skin always still has 2-5 noticeable pimples that destroy my confidence. I can't seem to find out why my skin will not clear up.

I currently am breaking out on right side of my face and forehead. I realized today that it might be due to me sleeping on right side of my face and using hair gel, but the gel doesn't seem to touch the region of my forhead that is breaking out.

I think I will stop using axe hair gel and trp something new considering I've rarely had ance on my forehead since using it. Also I think it would be best to start learning to sleep on my back.

I feel that I am also always breaking out when I'm in school. Perhapes the environment around me has been making a effect on my skin since i started high school.

I typically:

Wake up and wash face in shower with face wash.

Apply my Sulfacetamide medicine before school, ocasionally with a moisterizer

Come home from school/mid day wash my face and re apply sulfacetamide

Wash face before bed

Apply a layer of clindamycin phosphate lotion

Apply a layer of Sulfacetamide lotion

Take my doxycycline pill with water

In mid night If I have a noticeable pimple I will apply a benzolperoxide medicine to pimple

wake up and do all over again.

Should I take my pill in morning because i usually begin breaking out in school? Should I change up my typical routine? Should I try doing something different? What can I do to stop my acne from ruining my life.

Edited by mmaguy115