Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

edit: this doesn't over dry my skin

I just bought this facial steamer and I let the steam hit my face. I then take a paper towel and wipe my face. This removed the flakes off my skin that scrubs wouldn't do. My face DIDN'T TURN RED AT ALL and it also got all the oil off my face. I've been using scrubs and those only work for the first few times but this REALLY WORKS! I exfoliate this way and get rid of oil this way too. I definately reccommend this considering it helps unclog and clean your pores. bb_eusa_clap.gif

I actually don't know from where since my mom actually bought it for me. And no it doesn't break you out, how is it supposed to do that? It's made to flush the toxens out of the skin.

I love steaming my face, it removes all the dead skin and opens pores. I don't use a face steamer - I have a cheap steamer for clothing; I put a bag over it, and it creates an even cloud of steam.

Do you put anything into the water? I was in a steam room in Germany once, and they put some herbs in there.

a few days ago I added some biore acne prone facial wash in the water, no herbs or anything. Then I put neosporin on my face last night and when I woke up my face looks really bright and the color looks better. biggrin.gif

I actually don't know from where since my mom actually bought it for me. And no it doesn't break you out, how is it supposed to do that? It's made to flush the toxens out of the skin.

Well that's different. That's the sun and your skin is getting oily because of that. And if you don't wash with warm/hot water the oil mostly stays on your skin and breaks you out, not the heat. bb_eusa_wall.gif

I love steaming my face, it removes all the dead skin and opens pores. I don't use a face steamer - I have a cheap steamer for clothing; I put a bag over it, and it creates an even cloud of steam.

Do you put anything into the water? I was in a steam room in Germany once, and they put some herbs in there.

hmm i dunno if face steamers are too good.

If you don't overdo them, then i supposed. Obviously the more irritated your face, the gnarlier your acne becomes. the steaming process could lead to killing important cells under your skin which leads to irratation. This includes water that's too hot/cold.

i just ordered a face steamer online today.....my pores are clogged up all the time and nothing works to unclog them! i hope this works

i find soaking a towel in hot water then laying it over my face for a few mins a good way to unclog my pores.

added camomile to the steam yesterday; really dried my skin

next time I'll add licorice root. The dead skin comes right off

yea man, give it a shot; don't overdo it though, you don't want to burn yourself. I'm originally from Europe where we would go to the bath house and steam room; all that stuff is good for your skin if you do it once in a while.