Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BM745

Are clogged pores considered acne?

Blackheads and whiteheads resulting from oily skin and overly clogged pores.. is this technically considered acne? I mean, is this something someone outgrows with time, or a condition you're stuck with being cursed with oily skin?

nope until it gets infected its considerd acne, and in that it could result too things like cysts and nodules.

clogged pores are mainly a cause off too mutch skin oil and not inflamation.

this type acne you will grow out after 6 to 8 years of having too mutch skin oil. maynly till the age of 20 to 25.

ofcourse their are still peeple (a verry small group) who have this problem at a later age but that is moastly women and peeple with real skin disorders.

isn't it called comedonal acne? so it is acne, just a different form.

it seems like i am one of the small percentage which has that problem. all over my body. it is never ending, and i am living with this about 14 years. it suck's and i hate it so much, i can't enjoy life because of this.

Yes, I think it is comdeonal acne. This is where the vast majority of acne is small flesh colored bumps (whiteheads) and blackheads? Very occassionally one of these comedones gets infected and results in something bigger? This is exactly the problem I have, and HAVE had on my face, which is very oily.

I've had this acne since I was 14, and am now nearing 22. I'm only hoping it's something I can grow out of.

My BACK however seems to get far more red spots and such, which I believe is papular acne (papules being non-inflammed red bumps) though I do get an occassional pustule (inflammed, pus-filled) lump back there. This has been going on since I was 15, and while it has subsided GREATLY, my back still looks like a mine-field from red marks, and scars. sad.gif

I think thats what mine is aswell. I only get one or two red spots on my face every week but most of the time its mostly just flesh coloured bumps.

hi my daughter is 11 years old from the age of 10 she has had blocked pores on her nose and now a few on her chin, i took her to the gp who said she has acne she has seen a dermatologist and has been prescribed cream,there are different types of acne all of which can be treated so im told !! bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

hi my daughter is 11 years old from the age of 10 she has had blocked pores on her nose and now a few on her chin, i took her to the gp who said she has acne she has seen a dermatologist and has been prescribed cream,there are different types of acne all of which can be treated so im told !! rolleyes.gif

OMG blink.gif I thought I would never meet ppl with the same problem as me. I have lots of clogged pores around my mouth and once in a while they get inflamed and I might get two big inflamed pustules on the forhead area but mostly these flesh colored clogged pores. what to do? I found that exfoliating by using sylica acid cream may help to a degree.

can anyone of you get the clogged pores under control? i am so frustrated, nothing is working.

i've been using paula's choice 2% salicylic acid regularly, but it doesn't help. it's so expensive, since i have to use it on my upper body also.

i am wondering what else i can do? i might be going to the derm again, but i know, they jsut prescribe me those topical retinoids. which i tried before, and it didn't help. i might have to use them longer, bus usually after a month, if i don't see the slightest improvement, i give up.

i don't have any nice part of skin on my face, and chest and back. what can i do, and how can i find a doc, that can help me??

thanks for listening

i have the same problem. skin colored bumps that turn into pimples if i play around with them. i want them GONE! i read that blackheads are on oily skin, and whiteheads are on dry skin. this makes sense. so maybe the key isn't to exfoliate, it's to moisturize. that's what some people on this board are saying about whiteheads and milia.... JULIEB, what cream did the derm give your daughter? i've been noticing alot of young people with this problem. some of my younger cousins (around that age) have this problem. something must be going on...

hey this is what i have . i do have about 6 red spots at a time tho and some cysts on my jaw line... i am trying a new way to get rid of these cuz the typical acne treatmetns didnt work on me... my thread of my progress is in the Over the counter section it is caused " cause of milia, and a cure " i am tracking my progress there so i hope i can help someone. pls check it out if you liekl! good luck yall

If clogged pores isn't considered acne wow I don't have acne anymore!!

But I still do. sad.gif I don't get cysts or those inflamed pimples anymore (thanks to my pill). But I have so many clogged pores that when I get a pimple, I'm positive that it is one of those clogged pores that yes just turned into that pimple!

Does anyone know how to get rid of these before it gets inflamed?

If clogged pores isn't considered acne wow I don't have acne anymore!!

But I still do.  sad.gif I don't get cysts or those inflamed pimples anymore (thanks to my pill). But I have so many clogged pores that when I get a pimple, I'm positive that it is one of those clogged pores that yes just turned into that pimple!

Does anyone know how to get rid of these before it gets inflamed?

hi my daughter is 11 years old from the age of 10 she has  had blocked pores on her nose and now a few on her chin, i took her to the gp who said she has acne she has seen a dermatologist and has been prescribed cream,there are different types of acne all of which can be treated so im told !! rolleyes.gif