Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacewalker

Help with terrible Acne Scars (Pic attached)

Hi All,

I have been following some of the posts on this forum and you guys seem to be very helpful.

I have had very severe acne for almost 10 years now and although some of it has cleared, they have left TERRIBLE scars. I have attached the pic of my left side where the most scarring is . The weird thing is my right side is pretty clear .

I want peoples opinion on what can be done for the scarring .. Is there any hope left for a guy like me.. What procedures should be under taken? Fraxel laser? or TCA? or any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I am also located in Toronto so any people who know good derms/plastic surgeons in Toronto, please let me know..

post-142985-1293431656_thumb.jpg

post-142985-1293431656_thumb.jpg

well i have some like 4 small brown scars on my left cheek and it sucks! i hate it too and i know how you feel.

what you need to do is to visit a dermatologist and ask them what they can do about your scars. trust me they will have a solution for you. sometimes we feel like our world is turning upside down, and we think that we would never cure from acne. but we will! trust me on that!

so like i said before visit a dermatologist and ask them what they can do about your scars. maybe you will have what the dermatologist call, ´´acne surgery´´. i don´t live in Toronto so i don´t really know any dermatologist there but you can always look it up somewhere else.

try to visit a good dermatologist some dermatologist are stupid and sometimes they can make your skin worse like my dermatologist did to me finally am using other medication and now my acne looks much better.

don´t give up and please don´t let anybody put you down because of your scars, some people are soo stupid! and they love to bully others. good luck! and we are here for you to help you!

you have boxcar scars here and there. you'll need subcision to lift those scars and possibly fillers too, if you dont want to get multiple sessions of subcision.

Thanks for your reply guys.

Again I really appreciate the comments. Just wondering if anyone has had similiar scars like me and were they able to get rid of them after treatment?

spacewalker dont mind them too much many people have them, even actors on tv have them so no big deal. i pick my face a lot so ive tissue lost in some parts of my cheeks as well. what is subcision? is it very expensive treatment?

Hi All,

I have been following some of the posts on this forum and you guys seem to be very helpful.

I have had very severe acne for almost 10 years now and although some of it has cleared, they have left TERRIBLE scars. I have attached the pic of my left side where the most scarring is . The weird thing is my right side is pretty clear .

I want peoples opinion on what can be done for the scarring .. Is there any hope left for a guy like me.. What procedures should be under taken? Fraxel laser? or TCA? or any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I am also located in Toronto so any people who know good derms/plastic surgeons in Toronto, please let me know..

I have very similar scarring to you except my skin texture is a 100 times worse. I've been through several fraxel restores and 2 vbeams and what all of them combined did was pretty much settle the scar redness but restore gave me hyperpigmentation. I can't say that the depth of the scars filled in at all but maybe they did slightly.

I had 'subcision' done couple weeks ago and i use the ' ' because I wasnt treated properly. What they did for me wasnt subcision well atleast proper subcision for acne scars, they just used a filler needle and run it up and done under my skin WITH NO PAIN RELIEVER of any kind. I'll ring another clinic next week and try to get a proper one done a couple weeks. I just don't know what will help with the kind of scars we have.

After a subcision treatment I plan on using a derma stamp for several months and if that really does nothing then I will try dermal fillers towards the end of 2011. It's a very tough journey mate.

BTW subcision generally will cost 50-250 dollars depending on how much of the face you want treated. Cheeks are the easiest to have treated and forehead is the hardest. If you're getting both cheeks like me then it'll be about 150.

CO2 laser done by a plastic surgeon under general anesthesia. It cost me 3500 and I had a week down time. I've tried EVERYTHING and this is what did it for me. I have before and after pics and am happy to answer any questions. My biggest advice: make sure its a GOOD surgeon that does this procedure often!

hii fella...i had exactly same boxor scars like u yr back but now they are very light..all u need is little persistence...do the following at home..

1.order a local anaestsia from ur local chemist shop...apply at ur skin for 1 hr...

2.order Scientia Derma Rollers (2.0 mm) from http://derma-rollers.com

3.Take a before pic

4.check for after pic after a month or so..

5.Repeat step 1 to 4 after every 2 months..

Edited by indish20

CO2 laser done by a plastic surgeon under general anesthesia. It cost me 3500 and I had a week down time. I've tried EVERYTHING and this is what did it for me. I have before and after pics and am happy to answer any questions. My biggest advice: make sure its a GOOD surgeon that does this procedure often!

Hello AStone1.

Thanks for your reply. If you dont mind (and this would greatly help me and be appreciated), can you please post your before and after pics. DO you think CO2 laser would help my situation considering that I have boxcar scars. lol. Also, is there any hyperpigmentation after the CO2 laser?

Hello All.

Thanks for all your posts. They are very encouraging.

I was reading up and wondering if TCA cross would be any help for my boxcar scars?? Haas anyone tried it before on scars like mine?

Also, I will definitely give the dermaroller a try! Thanks!

Hi! I'm happy to answer any questions you have. My biggest advice is to have a great surgeon. I drove 3 hours round trip for my surgery and appts because I was told he was the best and I was happy with him after my consultation.

Here is a link to what I went through and my pictures. Let me know if the link works for you or not. I had the procedure done twice.

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/search.php

If you have to enter in a 'Friend Name' it's AngStone

Edited by AStone1

Hi! I'm happy to answer any questions you have. My biggest advice is to have a great surgeon. I drove 3 hours round trip for my surgery and appts because I was told he was the best and I was happy with him after my consultation.

Here is a link to what I went through and my pictures. Let me know if the link works for you or not. I had the procedure done twice.

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/search.php

If you have to enter in a 'Friend Name' it's AngStone

WoW - you look GREAT!! Thanks so much for sharing, I'm sure your willingness to share will benefit many people. Thanks, again!