Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Min. of 6 months, although many docs. say 1 year. If I were you, I'd slap the doc. that proposes laser for acne scarring.

ive had it done 2 times. i waited about 2 years after the first treatment. It works by stimulating coligen and tightening the skin. I personally don't care for the more invasive procedures like dermabrasion becuase the side effects are much much greater and i not done correctly can make the problem worse. Plus I would rather have some character in my face then be completely scar free with porcelin like skin. just my opinion

Those of you who have had laser skin resurfacing, did it help? I have read through this forum many times and usually only find negative comments about ablative laser procedures.

Thanks emmanuel. I found Meet Pete's story too and that has helped me. It's so hard to make these decisions!

You're welcome. I know the feeling about it being hard to make a decision regarding scar revision. It is so hard. I am totally on the fence at the moment. Really research whatever you plan to do--twice! bb_wink.gif

Hi,

I've had 2 co2 laser treatments, the first nearly 2 years ago and the second over a year ago. I've also had isolagen treatment. The thing with co2 is that you are trading scar types, it is true that in the right hands the laser can reduce the severity of the scar, but it doesn't seem to eliminate them.

I've pretty much given up on the big expensive treatments now, even though i have had some improvement it certainly falls way short of what i need to be happy. I now have a regime of regular exfoliation with apricot scrub, followd by vit c serum and lots and lots of mositurising with a sensitive lotion. I'm giving myself another year to see what conditions my skin is using this method before considering more invasive types of treatment.

I have a feeling that lots of lighter, safer treatments combining filler treatment (isolagen) and ablative treatment (microdermabrasion) over a long period of time will yield better results and is less risky. Of course you're going to be broke most of the time and have to keep a handle on your depression, but its about the only way forward i can see.

good luck

Those of you who have had laser skin resurfacing, did it help? I have read through this forum many times and usually only find negative comments about ablative laser procedures.