Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calista

What's pissing me off right now

okay, i just had to vent about this. i was channel surfing the other day while i was watching tv and i saw the proactiv commercial. i've never used the stuff and dont plan to so dont ask me why i stopped to watch but i did.

so, i'm watching and all of a sudden jessica simpson comes on. i'm like what? she has great skin what is she doing on here. well, if you haven't seen it, she basically talks about how she had mild but persistent acne and then started proactiv and it went away. now normally this wouldnt bother me, BUT.......she was pretty vocal at the end of last year or some time before about how she went on accutane and thats what cleared her up. i'm not saying she's a fraud cause i really like her, but i think she should be more responsible and honest about products she endorses.

i mean, seriously, how many kids are going to look at that and then buy the stuff. i'm not saying the products dont help or control acne, but if she admitted that she went on accutane then proactiv wasnt the ultimate answer for her. i think she should day that proactiv has helped her in conjunction with accutane etc. etc.

anyways, thats whats pissing me off today.

I dont see what the problem is. If she would have hidden the fact that she took accutane to clear her skin up, THEN i could understand peoples anger at her deceit. But she was honest about the products she took and what helped her in the end, and thats the point.

So i dont really see how anyone would get mad.

hey white,

all i'm saying is that her proactiv testimonial is a bit deceptive. i read in a magazine last fall or around that time that she had admitted to taking accutane and thats what cleared her up. those were her words. now she is doing proactiv commericals and the ONLY thing she admits to clearing her acne is proactiv. in my opinion, she HIDES the fact that she was on accutane because she doesnt ever say that in the commercial. (they probabbly wouldnt let her anyway, but...). my whole point is that i think she should say "well, i took accutane so many years ago blah blah blah and now i find that proactiv helps me continue to keep my skin clear. "

i just think a lot of poor kids are going to spend their hard earned money on proactiv "cause it worked for jessica simpson and all thos other celebs and people" when in fact, what really worked for her was the accutane. i would just hate if it people thought all they had to do was purchase proactiv and their skin will look like jessica simpson.

Calista,

Thats how advertising is, they promise the world and rarely deliver. Just look at those Anna nicole smith Trim Spa commercials. I mean people think they can lose weight like her by popping these pills, when they forget the fact that shes a millionaire who has the aid of personal trainers and chefs etc.

I understand where your coming from, but its wasted energy getting mad about something so trivial. Thats all im saying.