Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

thats it, i am finished.

Guest Timehealsall

I am sorry, but i gave the regimen almost 4 months and i just cannot handle it. I think i will stop applying it to all areas (if not the areas that i dont break out as often) If you saw my face, every inch of it literally looks golden/leathery/peely

Literally it looks like theres a new layer of skin on my nose/forehead/cheeks.

The main thing i need help with now is HOW can i get my old skin back? Should i start applying aloe vera on my face? What will help shed this damn dead skin on my face?

I just want to fucking quit life. i dont know what to do.

I am really sorry that happened to you. I don't have advice about the regimen because I have not tried it - yet, but I can offer support. I know that it is hard and you just want to hide in your room, not talk to anyone and just quit. One morning as I was getting ready for work I started to think that I should stop caring so much. A lot of the reason I hate acne is because of how it makes me look which means I care what other people think. Then I decided that I won't always look like this (hopefully!) and that I just need to take one day at a time and be patient. I know your skin is not what you want it to be and I'm sure you have tried everything under the sun but you need to be patient and not let it upset you. There are people out there that have it way worse than you - skin wise and in other aspects of life - so just try to be positive. Your skin is going to look the way it looks whether you are frowning about it or smiling about it. So just try to be happy. Believe me it's not easy and I have to keep reminding myself this all the time but if you try to remain positive, you will feel so much better. I hope this helps at least somewhat and everyone on this site is here for support so goodluck. I really hope it gets better for you.

Once you stop, it will take 2-3 days for the drying effects to wear off. I stopped using BP on my neck, and 3 days later it was back to normal.

Honestly, though, what is drying is the BP. BP also is one of the best treatments of acne. Pick your poison I guess.

I'm into my 5th month of the regimen. Here is what I have to say. STAY IN THERE. You want to fight this battle. I know first hand that this is a major struggle. Dryness is something everyone goes through, you're not alone! We are here to support everyone else.

I tried so many things and my best advice to reduce dryness is to

1. use less BP for now, maybe increase again later. (remember this is risking potential breakouts but my skin was too unhappy and red so I took the risk and I don't have any breakouts from reduced BP)

2. be creative with the moisturizer.

I used to be determined to follow dan's regimen AS PRECISELY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. 12 hour gap, wait an average of 10 minutes after each step, and the list goes on and on. I was as precise as I could be for 3 full months and the acne was gone though, I was happy. But my skin was extremely flaky and I was red as a lobster so I had to alter the regimen to suit my skin's needs. I'm still acne free but not dry.

If you're interested, read my post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Dryness-s...55#entry2987555

Guest Timehealsall

im not sure if i can relate to you guys. Not only am i getting dryness, i am literally getting like layers upon layers of dead skin.

And i also got these superficial line indent/scars on my nose, and all i did was put BP there... Its like the flakes came off and revealed these scars?

I am so depressed

What you need to do is break the regimen rules a bit because everyone's skin is different exfoliate once a week if you need too and maybe lower the amount of bp your using and see how that turns out. I quit the regimen and i wish i wouldent have just because i broke out worse then i ever did before i quit and i regret it totally because now nothing else is working at all and my acne is 3 times worse then what it was when i quit the regimen so just stick it out.

Guest Timehealsall
What you need to do is break the regimen rules a bit because everyone's skin is different exfoliate once a week if you need too and maybe lower the amount of bp your using and see how that turns out. I quit the regimen and i wish i wouldent have just because i broke out worse then i ever did before i quit and i regret it totally because now nothing else is working at all and my acne is 3 times worse then what it was when i quit the regimen so just stick it out.

yikes. I have heard people break out like crazy. Fuck, i think i am going to keep it on areas where i am prone to breakouts, and on areas where i dont break out as much (nose forehead) ima stop or REDUCE THE BP DRAMATICALLY

Whatever you do, DON'T PEEL AWAY THE SKIN!! This will give you BRIGHT RED and raw patches of skin that hurts to touch. Wait it out.

Guest Timehealsall

hey carla, did you peel out the skin?

When you mean peel it out, do you mean as in scratch it away with your nails? I have not done this yet, all i have done basically is rub the dead skin off my face when my face is either wet or i have jojoba oil on my hands.

Guest Timehealsall
Whatever you do, DON'T PEEL AWAY THE SKIN!! This will give you BRIGHT RED and raw patches of skin that hurts to touch. Wait it out.

and sorry if i sound a little bit ignorant, but is raw red skin, basically similar to how the skin looks like when it has a cut? basically fleshy skin?

Guest Timehealsall

is there anything i should apply to help my skin heal faster? Maybe aloe vera?

iv never herd or tried this BP thing, but mate - after many lonesome hours in my bedroom analyzing my skin and hating myself I just thought why?? Like someone else posted, we aren't going to look like this forever, its a phase! Also i keep reminding myself of the ugly duckling. Im ugly at the moment but I keep telling myself some day Im going to blossom or something and look so much better.

Good luck!

Guest Timehealsall
proceed with caution: whenever I apply aloe vera to my skin it stings like hell. It can really be an irritant for some

i applied aloe vera 3x so far. Didnt sting at all.

proceed with caution: whenever I apply aloe vera to my skin it stings like hell. It can really be an irritant for some

I remember trying aloe vera too... stung really bad for me. I'm glad it's not having the same effects in your situation.

I'm confused though. Are you quitting the regimen cold turkey? Or are you still going to apply BP, just less?

Guest Timehealsall

I remember trying aloe vera too... stung really bad for me. I'm glad it's not having the same effects in your situation.

I'm confused though. Are you quitting the regimen cold turkey? Or are you still going to apply BP, just less?

well on areas where i breakout frequently (cheeks) i will keep applying but reduce amount. On other areas (like my nose, where i got these weird indented lines) and my forehead, i will stop applying bp, OR i will use it like once every 2 days, but only a pea sized amount ALL OVER.

i think this drying/peeling is way too much for my skin. I need to take it VERY slowly.

It sucks big time.

well on areas where i breakout frequently (cheeks) i will keep applying but reduce amount. On other areas (like my nose, where i got these weird indented lines) and my forehead, i will stop applying bp, OR i will use it like once every 2 days, but only a pea sized amount ALL OVER.

i think this drying/peeling is way too much for my skin. I need to take it VERY slowly.

It sucks big time.

Time, im sorry to see that the regimen is not good for you for now. So did you check the biggest mistakes page on this website? Are you sure that you are not allergic to BP, some people on this board has that.

Otherwise you have to be very clear what you are doing exact in your regimen. How much BP? how much moisturzier etc.

Otherwise you have to go for something like Salicylic acid, sulphur, retional (vitamine a) or mandelic acid. Just do some research on this website.

Do you already use zinc, vitamine d3, b5?, fish oil?

Otherwise go to the derm and go on accutane.

This is all i know for you from here. Good luck

Guest Timehealsall

It sucks big time.

Time, im sorry to see that the regimen is not good for you for now. So did you check the biggest mistakes page on this website? Are you sure that you are not allergic to BP, some people on this board has that.

Otherwise you have to be very clear what you are doing exact in your regimen. How much BP? how much moisturzier etc.

Otherwise you have to go for something like Salicylic acid, sulphur, retional (vitamine a) or mandelic acid. Just do some research on this website.

Do you already use zinc, vitamine d3, b5?, fish oil?

Otherwise go to the derm and go on accutane.

This is all i know for you from here. Good luck

if having massive dead skin on your face = allergic to BP , than yes, i am allergic?

I dont know man, maybe i should just go back to spot treating my zits?

whats even more frustrating is that ever since i was on the regimen, i have broken out in places where i never applied BP (neck/throat/jaw) and i dont know why.

I was almost in the same boat as you, but I didn't keep it up nearly as long. I wasn't willing to risk permanently damaging my face on the vague promise that my skin would eventually adjust.

Here's what I did: first, I quit the regimen completely and let my skin go back to normal. It took a week or two, and I had pimples in the meantime.

Then I started reapplying it, starting from a tiny bit and working my way up. Except I only do it at night. I also use AHA+ every night. During the day, I put some of the moisturizer on, mostly on my cheeks and around my lips where I'm most likely to peel. Only a little bit, though.

I don't moisturize my nose or my forehead because they look greasy if I do. That's my skin, c'est la vie. Consequently, I don't put BP on my forehead (it was causing wrinkles).

It seems to work out fine for me. I get pimples now and then, but it's not so bad, and I never flake. (I remember the days when yawning used to make my skin stretch and crack... super painful.)

You definitely need to change your pillowcase every night, though. Try sleeping on a dark colored one and look at it in the morning - it's gross.

Guest Timehealsall
I was almost in the same boat as you, but I didn't keep it up nearly as long. I wasn't willing to risk permanently damaging my face on the vague promise that my skin would eventually adjust.

Here's what I did: first, I quit the regimen completely and let my skin go back to normal. It took a week or two, and I had pimples in the meantime.

Then I started reapplying it, starting from a tiny bit and working my way up. Except I only do it at night. I also use AHA+ every night. During the day, I put some of the moisturizer on, mostly on my cheeks and around my lips where I'm most likely to peel. Only a little bit, though.

I don't moisturize my nose or my forehead because they look greasy if I do. That's my skin, c'est la vie. Consequently, I don't put BP on my forehead (it was causing wrinkles).

It seems to work out fine for me. I get pimples now and then, but it's not so bad, and I never flake. (I remember the days when yawning used to make my skin stretch and crack... super painful.)

You definitely need to change your pillowcase every night, though. Try sleeping on a dark colored one and look at it in the morning - it's gross.

how long were you on the regimen for? I was on it for about 3 months.

Do you really think 3 months time can permanently damage the skin?

i do not get what you mean about the pillow thing. I change it, but i change it like 3 times a week..

how long were you on the regimen for? I was on it for about 3 months.

Do you really think 3 months time can permanently damage the skin?

i do not get what you mean about the pillow thing. I change it, but i change it like 3 times a week..

When you sleep on a dark-colored pillow case, you can see all the flakes that have come off in the morning. It is rather gross :redface:

Love this reply.

Guest Timehealsall

hey to those experts of the regimen, if i wanted to stop using BP altogether, or just on specific areas, should i stop cold turkey (i.e. right away) or should i ween off of it (ive been on regimen for 4 months). Also, i might switch BPS and use it on areas where i normally break out (cheeks). My question is, if i switch from dans bp to neutrogena on the spot, would i basically be starting the regimen all over again?