Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rareform

Caveman Regimen

I've been reading up on the caveman regiment, and I think im going to give it a try. Pretty much from what I've read you leave your skin alone and let it be natural and heal its self, while eating right. I was wondering if anyone had tried it and could give me some tips. Also I'm not sure weather or not you are soposed to wash your face at all. I am planning on washing my face twice a day with the acne.org cleanser and then leaving it.

Edited by Wynne
corrected title. It was annoying my obsession with proper terminology

I wash with water 3x a day and air dry since two weeks ago. I do not recommend a cleanser at all. Remember that water contains oxygen and it is oxygen that kills bacteria (much like in benzoyl per-oxide). Even though I doubt that is really enough, I still think it is at least good enough to loosen up some dead skin and rebuild the skin from the damage done by cleansers. Water is mild as can be, and can be used (I am guessing) as much as you want during the day since you can also drink it. My skin is not oily anymore after a year of only washing with water in areas where I got acne AFTER I had stopped using BP. My biggest mistake was using it in the first place. I am now going to just patiently wait for my chin area to clear up on its own now that I have decided to stop treating it with anything at all and hopefully I get the same results in some months time as the rest of my clear face.

Edited by floatingrhythm

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It makes it feel really good. Just refreshing. No towel. Nothing. Let it dry on you. I do have some little extra dead skin on some portions near the sides of my nose, but they aren't really noticeable unless my face is still wet. I have just not noticed any increase in zits since I abandoned some natural remedies a couple weeks ago, which is good. Overall they only last about half a day and then scab up by the next day leaving lighter and lighter colors on the skin. As the skin gets stronger it really is able to deal with any infection better when left alone, from what I have noticed. I really doubt that it is the water alone that is leaving you oily though. Could be hormones. Don't be afraid of water. Use drinking water if possible. Just put it in a plastic bottle and pour it down your face.

Edited by floatingrhythm

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well if you just drop the water on your face and not use your hands to scrub then you will not harm it at all, believe me. I was paranoid too once about that and now I am clear everywhere else that I just used water on after many months. No offense, but not sure any women have had success in this method because hormones are more of an issue with women each month.. Wish you luck none the less, as I believe common man has been brainwashed to kill all bacteria even though there are something like 10x more bacteria living inside us than the amount of cells we have :P We are tricked to believe that water is not enough to keep clean so we buy more and more products to look younger, when in reality it is diet that helps keep you looking younger and resistant to the sun for longer periods of time. I don't believe in sunscreens either, but that is another topic hehe..

Edited by floatingrhythm

thanks for the info.

so what do you guys do in the shower? just try to let the water not hit your face? and is it bad to pat my face with toilet paper to try to get some of the oils away. because i have very oily skin

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Yep. I am sure toilet paper is fine to just pat it on there. Just know that these products, if you decide to keep using them, will only make you more and more oily so don't use them everyday. Water is the only thing that is fine to use on your face everday since the skin is so fragile during puberty. As I said, let it air dry on your skin though. Feels great.

@ashleynicole

Yes very true about the washing removes good bacteria part. Just like antibiotics (anti-life) removes the good ones and leads to a harder time fighting off future infections.

Edited by floatingrhythm

Also for those who decide they can not do this, I recommend you to try to somehow ask people who have had acne in the past about how they got rid of theres. Don't take advice 100% from people here (including myself-though I am getting there ;) ) who still suffer from it. You want it from someone who won the war ultimately and who are no longer in need of treatment. There is just way too much money to be made and way too many new products with new harsh ingredients that were not around a couple decades ago. All I say is to find some advice from people who have been there done that. I would have done this but nobody in my family has had it so I fully put all my faith on someone who was making money off me the entire time meanwhile onsetting more breakouts later on. Everyone is simply experimenting to see what works, really, just some of us would rather not disturb the outside any longer and solely work on lifestyle/diet choices.

Edited by floatingrhythm

i hear a lot of people also follow a diet. do you have any info on what to / not to eat while doing this? is it the basic no sugars, limit dairy, limit fats?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

@ashley

Have you tried using bakingsoda + water for your armpits? Works so well and is not bad for you ie. deodorants make you not perspirate and include other bad ingredients. The underarms are a natural exit way for toxins that deodorants interfere with.

@rareform

I really do not like to say what diet works because I myself have been experimenting for some months now and can't really see a big difference in prevention. Changing diets has only made it so that I no longer get sick, and despite how white I am, I am able to stay out in the sun for an hour in the middle of the day without getting sunburned (no sunscreen). Got to love that vitamin D love!

My only processed food during the day is wheat-free cereal that I incorporated with my own home-made almond milk. I then will have a light lunch, either fruit or some vegetables. Dinner is usually beans, brown rice, salad, avocados, eggs, alaskan salmon, corn, lemons, etc. I just mix it all up during the week, but that is what I usually eat.

Try to take out dairy (milk) if I were to give you one tip. Milk these days is not the same as it once was and it is also interesting to note that no other mammal on earth continues to drink their mothers milk after a certain age.

Lastly, I have just incorporated some brown rice into my diet and it is great! Really filling and nutritious. May want to look into it. I use turmeric and cayenne to spice it up. Both are also really good for you!

Edited by floatingrhythm

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

What changes in your diet allow you to not get a burn? Sounds interesting for the summer months. Although I find I don't burn as easily as I thought I do, especially when not using soap. I changed my diet to lose weight, and my acne never got better. I eat a shitload of dairy, no breakouts. I took out dairy, still broke out.

haha good question.. I don't know. I had been eating half a pound of carrots for lunch for a while. That may have been it. I am kind of experimenting though this week and did not buy them because I used to have them with natural peanut butter, something I am reading breaks some people out. Haven't noticed too much of a difference so far so I will probably just buy almond butter next time. But yeah, sunscreens are overrated. Just be smart about how long you are going to stay in the sun. I was in the Mediterranean last year for 10 days in the middle of summer and never wore sunscreen. The result, minor arm burn at the end of the trip. African Americans are getting skin cancer meanwhile Africans who work outside all day in the fields hardly know what skin cancer is on their continent. Healthy people do not make big pharma money :P

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

thanks again for all the info i appreciate it!

i cant decide if i should rinse my face with filtered water or just leave it un washed though

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Regimen, not regiment..nor regime.

Do you honestly believe cave people didn't wash? Of course they did. They ground up roots and leaves that contained saponins to act as surfactants to remove dirt, etc.

or look into user jancarlo 's method. Chances are that if you are coming down from using many products you will need some kind of transferring 'product'. Leaving it a lone will work, but may be harder to go through mentally. Look up his post, read, and understand it if you are interested in doing something more logical in the long run.