Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

peeling and flakiness of BP..

Guest Timehealsall

I do not think that the peeling and flakiness that the amount of BP we use, especially on the regimen is safe. I have developed 3 linear type scars on my nose, on areas that were EXTREMELY flaky. I used the jojoba exofliation method a few days to rub these flakes off, and now what is left behind are 3 scratch like lines. Like a catch scratched that area of my nose 3x times.

I urge all users imo to maybe spot test this on a area for a period of time (maybe 2-3 months) to see if anything happens.

I am so depressed/frustrated...

I've been using the regimen for 3 months now (starting month 4) and I haven't had any scratch marks, even after using the jojoba exfoliation method on my entire face for a while. I don't use the jojoba method now though, it's just too oily for my taste.

Maybe cut your nails? Or don't let your cat sleep on your face?

as wombat said, i've been on the regimen for about three months aswell, and i haven't experienced any lines, scars, indentations, wrinkles, or anything out of the ordinary except flaking and redness.

Guest Timehealsall
I've been using the regimen for 3 months now (starting month 4) and I haven't had any scratch marks, even after using the jojoba exfoliation method on my entire face for a while. I don't use the jojoba method now though, it's just too oily for my taste.

ok fair enough. Nothing happened to you. BUT IT DID HAPPEN TO ME. i have 3 scratch/scar lines on my nose. Cut my nails? i have been wearing mitten gloves (the softest ones) to sleep for the past 5 months because i was too paranoid that i might be touching my face at night. (thus causing my acne?)

Dont let my cat sleep on my face? What if i do not have a cat or any pet animal for that matter?

Edited by Timehealsall

ok fair enough. Nothing happened to you. BUT IT DID HAPPEN TO ME. i have 3 scratch/scar lines on my nose. Cut my nails? i have been wearing mitten gloves (the softest ones) to sleep for the past 5 months because i was too paranoid that i might be touching my face at night. (thus causing my acne?)

Dont let my cat sleep on my face? What if i do not have a cat or any pet animal for that matter?

I only said that because it's completely illogical that the BP itself, which you applied to your entire nose, would leave a pattern like that. Likewise it's illogical that jojoba oil in and of itself caused those marks.

I think you just rubbed a little too hard, is all.

Guest Timehealsall

I only said that because it's completely illogical that the BP itself, which you applied to your entire nose, would leave a pattern like that. Likewise it's illogical that jojoba oil in and of itself caused those marks.

I think you just rubbed a little too hard, is all.

wait, so you think that because i rubbed too hard, thats why i got those lines? You just told me its completely illogical that BP could cause that, so then how could rubbing the skin cause that? Please explain. I think BP and the flakiness/dryness caused my skin to become like that. the area i am talking about LITERALLY looks like the nose of a 80 year old woman.

Please explain me how rubbing could cause it? I didnt rub TOO HARD, but i did rub moderately. Basically, i rubbed with force as much as the average person would.