Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MichaelCTC

Help me please, my mom is so mean

okay i have moderate acne all over my cheekse and breaking out on my jawline..3 weeks ago my dad took me to a dermatologist and he gave me retin A..i was using it an expected the initial breakout, anyways 3 weeks in and my face looks like crap but i was looking forward to it finally clearing up...but yesterday my mom took my retin A and said i cant use it because its harmful to me and only adults can use it..wtf???? i cant convince her to give it back to me...so i dont know what to do anymore..what is the best way to handle my face situationn? I have pimples everywhere!!! FOR NO FREAKING REASON WHATSOEVER!!..this is really making me depressed too..there was a light in the tunnel with retin-a but now im just lost and sad, with my face full of harmfull cysts. my dad said i cant go back to the dermatologist and my mom wont allow it anyway.

wtf do I do??

Well depending on how severe your acne is, you should use the typical benzoyl perioxide or salicylic acid. Retin-A is kinda bad for your skin..it is a chemical peel, but you really should keep at it for another 2-3 weeks I'd say(but apparently you can't so scratch that). Remember food can affect your skin too. Stick to lots of veggies and WATER(flush out toxins in your body). It might be a hormonal thing too(depending on your age). Don't let acne ruin your life, its a phase that some of us get, unfortunately. Remember you're not the only one with acne so don't get all bummed out :) And do some research, maybe you can find home-made stuff. Try aspirin masks! (crush aspirin and applyto wet face and let it dry for 15-20 min). Hope this helps

Ok firstly ive never tryed retin a, but i have used differin which is a topical retinoid and it didnt have a great effect - made my skin very red and photosensitive. In this country (england) retin A is hardly ever prescribed as GPS cant prescribe it - so you have to be refered to a hospital and if your acne is bad enough to be refered you`re usually prescribed generic accutane rather than this cream.

However I would say youd be much better off with BP, as its much cheaper; easier to get hold of; works much quicker and is probably safer (remember the mechanism of the retinoids is still somewhat of a mystery)

i was on rentin a for a couple weeks a looooong time ago and it really sucks. it makes your skin beyond peely. so in your case, I would try the benzol peroxide, it's what get's under the skin. I used the AcneFree Kit and that worked really well for me, worth a shot.

Edited by checkerz982