Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
senorapancakes

Getting Oily After Doing Regimen Steps

Does anybody ever get oily after your done doing the regimen steps? not like right after but maybe like 30 minutes or so after. I'm normally an oily person, but on a regular everyday basis my skin doesn't ever get this oily. Im so fustrated! Is this supposed to happen? Or is it just me? Oh and also I dont wear makeup even though my acne is incredibly bad so that I can allow it to breathe. Please leave a response

Hmm... are you using the full amount of BP? I generally have oily skin too, but I find that a) cleansing and b) applying 2 pumps of BP soon after leaves my skin dry/tight. The moisturizer is what returns my skin back to normal.

Hmm... are you using the full amount of BP? I generally have oily skin too, but I find that a) cleansing and b) applying 2 pumps of BP soon after leaves my skin dry/tight. The moisturizer is what returns my skin back to normal.

No actually i"m only on my 3rd day using the regimen. I find that also when i cleanse + bp, my skin becomes tight aswell. But when i use the moisturizer is when it becomes very oily. Do you maybe it's the new formula everyone is complaining about or am i perhaps putting too much on?

hey if oily skin is a problem for you i seriously suggest trying to add Proactiv's sheer finish mattifying gel to your regimen if possible. finishing off with this stuff after mositurising gives your skin a perfectly natural matte appearance i lovee it.

Its completely normal and expected OP.

just blot off the excess with a paper towel, or use a bit less.

after you've been on the regimen for a couple weeks, you'll be covered in flakes and dry-ass skin, so enjoy the oiliness while you can.

i'd invest in a better moisturizer though, since most people say the new formula doesn't fight flakes that well, especially early on in the regimen. i suggest Cetaphil lotion or cream if cetaphil products don't bother your skin.

Hey, i saw some reviews on cetaphil lotion, many mentioned that it is very greasy and thick. I really hate looking shiny :(

Hey, i saw some reviews on cetaphil lotion, many mentioned that it is very greasy and thick. I really hate looking shiny :(

Some time after applying lotion you can dab your face the same way you would with oily skin, to remove any excess lotion that hasn't absorbed... this will keep your skin moisturized but remove unwanted shine.