Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've finally decided to just do it, I've been taking a look at these forums for the past year and feeling down on myself last month I decided to just order the full DKR.

A little about me :angel: :

I've had a lot of blackheads all throughout my high school years, it never bothered me that much back then since I figured I'd just grow out of it(of course i didn't haha). Wasn't until I was 19-20 where my cheek bones and chin started to flare up. Since then my cheek bones area on both sides have always had acne and my chin has flared up here and there. I also get a couple around my mouth area from time to time. In the past 2 months, it has escalated to the back of my jaw under my ears on both side. Since then I've lost control of it and decided that it was about time to do something about it because it's obviously never going to "just go away" :confused: . (I'm 22 now turning 23 next month BTW)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep a log, but it's been 5 days now that I'm in and figured that I should keep something written to keep me in check and encourage me :P

So I'm using the full DKR kit, including jojoba oil which I haven't used yet.

I start on sunday 10/5/2010 and started with applying 3/4 pump BP, 2 cleanser, 2 moisturizer.

I do my regimen at 4:30am when i wake up for work..(half an hour earlier then usual now with regimen arghhh) and i do it when i get home from work at 5:30pm.

I currently use a full pump of BP per application, with 2 cleanser, 2 moisturizer..

1st 5 days have been going well, got reddish pretty soon on the 2nd day, but not as bad as my 1st attempt at BP when I over used it without even using moisturizer...I was a firm believer that I didn't need it and that it would work only against me..HUGE MISTAKE hahaha.. boy did my face burn lobster red and flaked badly!

Currently on the 5th day, i'm still red/orangish, and I've just started to get flakes on my chin area and around the mouth, I feel like my skin is very dry after 7-8 hours at work, makes it a pain to eat lunch :doh:. No problem though, I'm much more determined then I've ever been about it, figured that at this point I might as well just not make a big deal of what happens to my face in the next 3 months and tough it out. Moisturizer was stinging badly the 1st couple days but i noticed last night that it didn't sting one bit, same goes with this morning, don't think i messed it up so it's kind of odd.

Also I have noticed that on a lot of spots on my face, it seems like a lot of my white/blackheads have surfaced and have become white zits.. I'm actually sort of glad since I feel like i'm purging my skin when I see that, better something happening then nothing at all i figure haha.

I'll try to upload pictures tonight when i get home from work, posting this from the office since I've got some down time ;):D

Edited by Joker2theThief

Congrats on starting DKR! It sounds like it's going well, and even Dan said that things would look worse before they look better. I'll be honest, I was on-off with the DKR for four months with store-bought stuff, and while there was a little improvement, I see more results with using these products. Keep up the good work!

Funny! After a month of reading the blog I decided to try it too! And my first day was Dec. 1, so we're about the same timeline! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Chrizzy - Ya I was using the cetaphil line for a while but I was doing it WAY wrong so I can't really judge it.. definitely was a bad experience for me though lol. I've also used salysic(sp?) acid and that gave no result at all.

PaulaBear1983 - Sweet :surprised:! December is the best month to do it in my opinion, it's super cold outside so might as well stay in and do something productive haha.

Alrighty, still haven't uploaded pictures like I said but I'll still update.

So i'm a week and a half in now(10days) and I've seen a lot of changes to my face in these past couple days for sure.

Around day 6-7 I had a lot of blackheads on my chin sort of come up and turn white, these didn't look really red like any classic zit, but could of definitely been popped like one lol. I actually managed to resist and not touch them since I was off for the weekend and figured that really who cares?! On top of that, around the same time my skin begun the flake madness! I sort of had something in mind when I figured I was gonna flake but this is way more then I had thought haha, It doesn't bother me too much though, after I put on the moisturizer theirs just a couple of visible flake here and there but it's minus 10 to 15 lately and I can blame it on the weather :razz: !

It's sort of a pain in the ass though having to wake up at 4:20am instead of 5am to go to work to apply the regimen, but I'll get used to it sooner or later.

On the positive though I've noticed that my skin definitely looks better already, my problem areas aren't bumpy anymore and they all seem sort of smooth, those areas also seem much less inflamed but I could be just optimistic lol. Also the red has definitely toned down on my face, i do look kinda tannish in comparison to before I started though, but at least it doesn't look like a horrible sun burn anymore.

I definitely don't see myself quitting anytime soon, but I'm expecting the downhill part coming up sooner or later which should be interesting :wacko: !

If I don't post any pics tonight I'll definitely do it on friday when I'm off from work, rough working 10 hour shifts in this winter time arghhh..

Joker, I experienced the same thing! I had all these under the skin "blackheads," that had been there forever and never seemed to do anything, come up and become whiteheads! Good job for not picking at them! I struggled a bit with not pick in the two weeks since I've been doing the regimen, but have only picked a couple times which is pretty good (for me anyway)! I used to get about 3 or 4 cysts on each cheek at any time and since starting the regimen, no more cysts, but I have about 10 whiteheads on each cheek instead, lol. Also, seeing the improvement from week 1 to week 2 in my pictures have helped to keep me motivated. Even if you don't post yours, make sure to take them every week! That way at least you can see the improvement! :)

PaulaBear1983 - Ya I took the pictures on the 2nd day i started it, so maybe I'll post all of them at once sometime soon, I'm just so tired once I get home from work that I really usually can't be bothered with it haha..damn those 10 hour work days and 2 hour commutes :S..

Well i'm 11 days in now, reaching close to my 2 week mark! Skin is looking nicer everyday it seems, only problem is the constant flakes on my face, but I don't really see it as much of an issue since moisturizer seems to take care of it in the morning and jojoba oil is my back up for mid day. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do though when I crash somewhere overnight after a party, my god will my face look like a flake mess, I'll have to get a moisturizer to go on those nights and leave it in my car or something... Although I did do that with the jojoba and half of it froze Haha.

Redness is pretty much all gone also, it's just very slightly red. I've also cranked up the BP to 2 pumps already, but I've done it very gradually through the week, mostly because I felt that some parts of my face was just getting no love from it because 1 pump wasn't enough.

So currently I do 2 pump cleanser, 2 pump BP, 2 1/2 pump moisturizer. I also use jojoba oil here and there at random when I need to go out and my next regimen session isn't anywhere near.

Holy dryness! I'm flaking like a mad man! Just mid day at work I come back from lunch to look myself in the mirror with EVERYWHERE on my face being covered in flakes. I had a bit of cethaphil moisturizer in my car in case of emergency but it's no way enough to cover all of it. :S

So I'm crossing my fingers that I don't flakes insanily again today, but I think I'm off to a bad start since I've already started in the back of my jaws on both sides...that part seems to be the most flaky area but I also put a bit of extra BP in that area so it's definitely my fault for that :S...

I did bring my bottle of Jojoba oil today for emergency lol I'll probably go apply some at my break for safe measures.

Also I'm up to 2 full pumps of BP, the red was dying down for the past week but I think ramping it up to 2 from 1 and a half had some affect. I'm not too worried though, it's not that terrible and I'm sure my skin will adjust(IT BETTER ADJUST :P!!!)

I'm 16 days in now, my skin is much smoother then it ever has been for the past 5 years and I haven't seen a sign of a new zit in the past week to be honest which is so refreshing LoL! My marks though are definitely still there on my cheek bones and the back of my jaw still isn't nice :S I have a bunch of flatten cysts that are still marked there pretty badly.. but the ups seem to be outnumbering the downs at the moment so i'm still happy.