Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am thinking of getting an acne facial (Steam, mask, they pop actives, then put on BP) from my dermatologist. Basically it will even out my skin tone and open pores. I have an appt. to get it done next Tuesday, but I have a date on Saturday. Should my skin be better by Saturday, or worse? Will it make everything come out? Any advice would be great.

I'd hold off 'till after your date. Facials can do funny things to the skin, and while in the long term they usually help if you are patient and let your skin heal, you never know how long that may take. Personally, I've never had a facial though, so I'd be interested to see how you go!

I get facials all the time. Personally, I would get it done on Tuesday, you have many days to heal until Saturday evening. Wednesday your face will be scabby but will be ok by Thursday/Friday. I would rather go on a date having flattened pimples than hills. And your right, the texture will be better. Use a small dot of BP on all pimples (right in the middle - not the surrounding skin or you will have bad dry spots) up until you Saturday shower.

Have a great time on your date.

Thanks for the replies, I am thinking of holding off now....I would be pretty bummed if my skin got even worse. More opinions are appreciated.