Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

does this constitute as skin picking?

Guest Timehealsall

So i have been on the acne.org regimen for about 3 months and a week and i have been getting massive flakes and dead skin.

My question is, is rubbing this dead skin off your face, with moderate force, constitute picking?

I mean, not only do i have this dead skin from benzoyl peroxide, my beard area ALSO gets this weird white shit flakiness. I just rub it off until its gone, but like i said, i do it moderately hard.

I swear that this is like the 50th time you've asked the EXACT SAME QUESTION with a few word changes...No, it is not picking. No, it will not cause scarring. Picking is squeezing, etc. Rubbing is normal, to be expected, and is not skin picking. :mellow:

Guest Timehealsall
I swear that this is like the 50th time you've asked the EXACT SAME QUESTION with a few word changes...No, it is not picking. No, it will not cause scarring. Picking is squeezing, etc. Rubbing is normal, to be expected, and is not skin picking. :mellow:

im sorry i keep asking this. Its just, if i dont rub the flakes/dead skin off, i get more zits, but some areas wehre i do rub the dead skin off of zits, i have gotten shallow scars (mostly scarred pores) there. Do you think its just a coincidence?

im sorry i keep asking this. Its just, if i dont rub the flakes/dead skin off, i get more zits, but some areas wehre i do rub the dead skin off of zits, i have gotten shallow scars (mostly scarred pores) there. Do you think its just a coincidence?

also, does it depend on how hard you rub? What if you rub pretty hard?

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

just rub rly gently and rub off only stuff thats like reaally dried up and ready to fall off itself.

Guest Timehealsall
just rub rly gently and rub off only stuff thats like reaally dried up and ready to fall off itself.

yea i know, but sometimes i rub hard. Do you think this can cause scarring?

It seems like sometimes when i rub the flaky skin (even the ones that takes a bit of rubbing to get off), my blackheads underneath the skin appear as if they are coming to the surface. is this bad?

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

i think so, dude, when i was rubbing harshly, my face just become red and irritated, and probably can make scarring worse, so better at least just in case rub with gentle circular motion with fingertips instead.

and for blackheads idk, maybe better wait when theyll be totally ready to come out or try this homemade nose strip method for cleaning them out (i havent myself bcs im vegetarian and i cant use gelatin but imo it looks good method)

(also u can see how pretty skin ppl also get this junk, not only us ;))

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Guest Timehealsall
i think so, dude, when i was rubbing harshly, my face just become red and irritated, and probably can make scarring worse, so better at least just in case rub with gentle circular motion with fingertips instead.

and for blackheads idk, maybe better wait when theyll be totally ready to come out or try this homemade nose strip method for cleaning them out (i havent myself bcs im vegetarian and i cant use gelatin but imo it looks good method)

(also u can see how pretty skin ppl also get this junk, not only us ;))

so rubbing the skin can cause scarring? FUCK ME. I mean, what the fuck, how can it scar me? I didnt rub a pimple off or anything. And the redness only lasted like a minute.

it seems like benzoyl peroxide is brining the blackheads to the surface and than when they come off, they scar...

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

hey hey, dont take my word for it, i just say how i think, i might be wrong, just that imo since face skin is so sensitive and easily injurable and hard to regenerate etc (basicaleee suuuckz :dozing: ) it would better be to go with it easy and gently way, just in case, see? :/

Guest Timehealsall

id like to bring this thread back up. can rubbing dead skin off your face, in areas where there are small pimples, cuz scarring?

What about sebum plugs?

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

lol dude ur so obsessed with this xD well hey, i hope someone else answers u too since u cant believe just 1 person, i understand that, but i swear if u do it gently n the way u do it, fo hundred time lol ITS OK! =D

so plz dont stress over this so much, u cant scar just from such little thing as gently massaging, yo skin isnt from thin napkin afterall (sorry i cant think of proper comparison lawl but hope u get what i mean), cmon!

keep it 5mins once a day or 2 or 3 days, depending on how soon yo skin gets flakey n stuff, & no more and after that dont touch yo face uneccessarily n thats it! ;)