Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

jojoba oil enlarging pores

Guest Timehealsall

okay, i have been kind of freaking out lately. I am getting all these enlarged pores on my nose that i never had before. I noticed i started getting this whilst on the regimen. Also, it is the same time i statred using jojoba oil. Could maybe jojoba oil be enlarging my pores?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
In my experience, anything that dries out my skin leads to really big pores.

jojoba oil made my sebaceous filaments much larger as well.

did it permanently make them bigger, or temporarily

i cant tell if jojoba oil is drying my skin out or helping it. Should i test it on a spot and see if that spot gets dry?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
Well... while I was using products, they remained large. Once I stopped washing entirely (this summer), after 3 weeks I exfoliated with a cloth, and they were basically GONE for about 2 months until I started using crap over and over again.

I stopped using the oil not long before I stopped washing, so I can't say whether they would have remained large had I just switched products.

what you mean stopped washing?

So your pores closed back up? Were you using the jojoba oil everyday?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
Stopped washing as in stopped washing... no products, no water. The caveman regimen. Nothing touched my skin for 3ish weeks.

And no, my pores didn't close up, because pores don't open or close. They were enlarged in some areas because of how harshly I treated my skin, and also with how dried out it was. Once I stopped washing and then exfoliated the dead skin (prematurely, though), my pores looked smaller and my sebaceous filaments were no longer present until I continued with regular washing.

I was using the jojoba oil daily as a moisturizer. It was irritating to my skin actually.

this is seriously scaring me. I dont know what to do. Should i stop using the regimen? I mean i thought dryness/flakiness is to be expected whilst on the regimen, so it shouldnt enlarge my pores should it?

What exactly did you use that was too harsh for your skin? How do you know jojoba oil was irritaitng your skin? Did your skin get red afterwards? I mean i dont know what signs to look for. I feel so hopeless and confused, FML

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
The enlarged pores could simply be a sign of dryness, or could just be a temporary occurrence. Otherwise, it could just be based on the fact that you aren't removing dead skin and it's pretty much piling up on your skin - once you remove all that dead skin in a few months, the pores could be smaller in appearance.

And I know jojoba caused irritation because when using a large amount, it would create a friction burn, and it would redden my skin. And it was drying me out, as I'd feel really tight after using it. And what I used that was too harsh was basically everything. Every cleanser I've ever used has been too harsh, even the last two I tried which contained no surfactants (lathering agents), were for dry, sensitive skin, and were not formulated for acne. They were even drying my skin out.

ah okay. Yea the jojoba oil doesnt really cause any burning or redden my skin. So maybe it doesnt irritate me?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall

i use about 3-4 drops. It looks like a q aurter size lol. Ty for your information and kindness

Guest Timehealsall
i use about 3-4 drops. It looks like a q aurter size lol. Ty for your information and kindness

okay, its either dans moisturizer or jojoba oil thats the culprit. More nose pores becoming visibly larger. i am going to stop using both on my nose and see what happens. I hope they go back to original size..

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall
If you think it's only one, you should only remove one first. Whichever you think is more likely causing the issue.

is it awkward, ashley, that these products ONLY dilate the pores on my nose, but not on my cheeks,forehead? I mean, maybe i cant see those pores, but it doesnt seem like they are dilating like the ones on my nose..