Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashlynn

Does regimen really work?!

Ok. I have been doing my research, reading everything on here and watching Dan's videos. Does his regimen really work!? I read reviews saying it does and there are pictures of people - before and after - and honestly some of them don't even look like the same person but whatever. If you are going to take a before and after, use the same angle, people. So before ordering the regime products, I would like some feedback. I know i can just read what is already on here but I want to ask and get a personal response. So please tell me!! Thanks guys!!

Only way to find out is to try it yourself. Everyone's skin is different and different people react differently to the regimen. I'm on day 4. Trick is to stay on top of it and not give up early. What do you have to lose?

Besides the "OMGPOSTAGECOSTSMORETHANTHEACTUALREGIMEN" moment, theres nothing to loose, you get your money back.

Benzoyl peroxide, the main THING of the regimen helps your pores get oxygen, it will dry out your skin ALOT though, so thats why the regimen has a moisturizer. The cleanser works hand in hand with these two. You should also try an oil with the moisturizer like emu oil to help stop the dryness.

Most treatments only fight the bacteria on the top layer of skin and can block other pores, irritate your skin and dont let enough oxygen in...

Thats why other treatments work... But at the same time dont work

The regimen isnt perfect but is different to most of the other treatments you can buy, but Dans got it as perfect as it gets. Remember to stick to it for a while and make sure that you are very precise.

The only other treatment that has worked for me was a £150 light ray treatment kit which gets rid of the spots and scars benzoyl peroxide cannot.

Good luck!

Thank-you all so much, especially 'Random'. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and explain it. I guess the only thing I am worried about is making it worse. I can deal with the dryness. That is no problem. If it means that it will help my skin then I really don't care. I just hate the thought of things getting worse before they get better. But I guess it is something I will need to get over. Once I build up the courage to start it, I will go for it. Thanks again!

You simply need to try the system and see for yourself. For some people proactiv works, for others murad, for others SkinID, and for some DKR. The point is EVERYONE is different and there is a high chance this system will work for you based purely off the science of it, but there is only one way to know for sure. I have been buying Dan's products for almost 2 years now. This system works.

I have a few negative side effects from using this system. The main two are his products tend to stain my express t-shirts and some pillow cases. Also my skin gets oily after a few hours of applying the system. I know it is the system because if i don't do any of the steps in the morning my skin stays normal in terms of oil levels throughout the day. Both of these cons are miniscule compared to the emotional boost that comes from having truly clear skin. Check the gallery pages in a day. I just uploaded some pictures of myself from when I started this system and how I look now. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't experience the transformation first hand. Get the System!! Worst case scenario you are out 5 McDonalds meals...best case scenario...your life changes forever. I like those odds.

Thank-you so much. You saying that really makes me hopeful. I know that it's something that I have to try for myself but after trying and failing with so many other products, it gets to a point where I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I hate trying something new and then a couple days in to it you break out and it looks the worst it ever has. I just don't want to keep going through product after product breaking out really bad just to go back to where I was before using it. Proactiv made me break out so bad to the point where I didn't want to leave the house but I kept with it for a fews months because I figured my skin had to get use to it but it never got any better. But after hearing so many success story's with Dan's regimen, I am being convinced more and more to just try it. Thank-you and I'm really happy that it has helped you! I really need something to boost my convidence. It's the only thing standing in the way of me feeling good about myself.

yes it works. trust me, i was wondering the same thing as you about 3 and a half months ago. however, i do have a couple words of wisdom for you. one, be patient. seriously. the what to expect page that dan came up with isnt very accurate in my opinion, it took me about 3 months to start seeing some serious results. i am pretty much completely clear with the exception of a few red marks. if you have oily skin the regimen is perfect for you. i my face was an oil slick before i started, and now it is a little dry but it is 100 times better than having to wipe the oil off my face every hour. also, dont skip applicaitons. if i sleep out and dont use the regimen that night, im almost guranteed to have a breakout later on in the week. so be patient and be consistent, you will see results

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

For some it does for others it doesn't.

It's good you are skeptical as most products which say they can clear you up don't.

The only difference i see with this regimen is the sheer amount of BP used.

Your skin will dry a lot in the beginning but it gets better after a few weeks.

I've not found it to make my existing acne fade faster although it does make it less red and irritated and the few new breakouts I've had seem much smaller and fade much faster.

So if you are looking for a quick fix this is not it.

Everything I've read about BP is that you can't really say if it's working or not till several weeks of using it.

Edited by Rohland

Guest Timehealsall

how can this regimen, and benzoyl peroxide itself, permanently make your skin more sensitive? care to explain?

Thank-you to everyone who responded. It's nice to hear different experiences. @Cubsfreak - thank-you so much. The only thing is, my skin isn't oily. It used to be somewhat oily but since I moved to my new place in April, the water there has made me very dry. It's not just me either. My boyfriend has noticed that his skin is really dry, too so I know it has to do with the water or something. Also ever since I started drinking a lot of green tea my skin has been rather dry. I could care less about my face being more dry as I will just apply the moisterizer so that doesn't bother me. I have come to the conclusion to just go for it. I am just worried that I won't be able to do it 10-12 hours apart like Dan says you have to. Luckily I work the same 7:30-4:30 Monday-Friday but there are nights where I don't go right home and I'm out all night and by the time I get home it will be way passed the 10-12 hour mark. And I will be patient. As long as it doesn't make me break out worse than before starting. Fingers crossed!

It worked for me, but at the end of first mark my skin started to get thicker and thicker; in the end it peeled away so bad that i'm now left with red, raw patchy skin that burns a lot even when water touches it :( So i can say i had to stop the regimen cold-turkey because there's no way i'm putting BP on raw skin. EVER.