Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Questtobethebest

Acne and Tears?

Hey, newbie here. :) So I've been wondering this for awhile. I know that salt water is good for your skin. And I know that tears are salt water. So doesn't it technically make crying/tears good for your skin? Thoughts, opinion?

Well...unless you can make yourself cry on cue I don't see how you could get enough to wash your face with.

Also I think if anything, it might make you break out a bit more because sebum (which as we all know causes acne) is present in the eyes. You know that crusty stuff you wake up with in the morning sometimes on your eyes? That's a mix of sebum from your eyes, dead skin, and some other stuff.

If you let that go all over your face, I wouldn't be surprised if it would break you out.

Being stressed triggers acne,crying relieves stress...I don't know which one trumps the other.

You can use salt water as a toner. I'm certain that's a better route to go =P

Crying releases cortisol, which reduces stress, and that's good for the skin. :)

Interesting, thanks!

Being stressed triggers acne,crying relieves stress...I don't know which one trumps the other.

You can use salt water as a toner. I'm certain that's a better route to go =P

Yeah I wasn't exactly planning on using salt water on my skin, I was just curious. XD