Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JDialens

Accutane Initial Breakout

Hello everyone,

I'm creating this thread to ask some people if they are going through the same thing, I'm on my 4th day of Accutane, and I've had at least 4 pimples in the same area come up on day 3, All I'm asking is that could this be my Initial Breakout, could it really happen this early in the treatment?

IMO, 4th day into accutane to have an IB quite unlikely. Might need to take a week before your body finally reacts to the medicine. Takes about a week plus for me though.

Nevertheless, you must be confident that accutane works because it will, eventually.

My IB started on the 4th day and was pretty bad. The good news is that it only lasted about 10 days. Maybe those who breakout soonest also clear up soonest. Let us know how it goes.

I am on day 26 of Claravis (60 mgs/day) and I am having a hard time knowing whether I am having an IB or not. I am still breaking out, and in certain places that I never did before, and types of zits I don't usually get. But they are not everywhere...just here and there. I had the impression the IB would be this mass eruption all over my face. Can it come in small spurts?

@stanno - How fast did you clear up (what month are you on, actually! :P)

Yeah, I'm having a big breakout, more pimples formed today.

I really HOPE this is the IB :(