Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabb!t

Ugh, i think im starting to get depressed

Okay well I started to get acne in 8th grade and became worse and worse as time went by, not just on my face, but on my back, shoulders, neck, and chest. I am now a sohpmore in high school and I can just about say that I look clear, even though I still have some flaws (red marks and really small pimples). I am a guy and I use a tinted moisturizer NOT GAY! just I make it look natural and hides the redness, plus I haven't gotten any "Are you wearing makeup?" comments.

Well anyways in school I have met girl she is older than me and she is freakin sexy, nice, and down to earth. I have always had a feeling she kind of liked me ever since we met and because I am way more mature than being my age as just a sohpmore and most of my friends are Juniors and Seniors. Well, she has a boyfriend who is one of my good friends. Well they had a fight and were in a state where they were not "together".

For about a week I've walked her to her class a couple of times, and I was being nice and sentimental. Well you know how sometimes a boyfriend and girlfriend have little breaks then become together again? Well it happened with them, and they are back together. Me, just being single like always started to feel really depressed. I've never really had good relationships or many to say the least. I started putting myself out there and I talk more with girls now because I belive to look "clear". But nothing at all, never knew once what it is like to have a girlfriend and never had a kiss when most of my friends already had multiple relationships. I am always trying to smile when im not even in a good mood and try to have a positive attitude, but it takes me no where but doubts that I just might not be with this girl. I know most of you on this forum will say that I am too young and I have time. But if i wait, before i know it I will never have anyone in my life. And maybe I should try to forget about this girl or keep trying, because I felt like I missed my chance.

Can you guys give me any kind of advise because I don't want to become depressed or not smiling at all, it will only make my situation worse and no one likes a guy who is all "Life Sucks"

Edited by rabb!t

Well, what do you expect people to say? That you have missed your chance? That you have failed? That you'll never have a girlfriend? Of course not. That's not true, at all.

Your time will come for relationships, for being with someone. They'll love you for you. Should I add that your friends who are so "experienced," are nothing to be jealous of. To have multiple relationships means they're doing something wrong. You only need one relationship to get it right. I promise.

And, It's just high school. If you really feel for this girl you talked about, then your time will come. Sometimes with this kind of stuff, if you just have this feeling that she really does like you, and you like her enough to wait, then the payoff will be greater than you can imagine. And it will happen if you truly believe it will. Be there for her and she won't be able to deny how she feels for you any more.

For me, I just graduated high school. Never had a relationship in high school. And what happened to everyone that was in a relationship in high school? 9/10 of those couples are broken up. They were all influenced by popularity, coolness, physical beauty...high school warps people of what a real relationship is.

I actually waited for my boyfriend. He actually, well, rejected me several times before we got together. I was the one who came onto him. He ended up going after other girls, all the while becoming closer and closer to me and caring more and more about me and just trying to ignore his feelings. He eventually couldn't deny it anymore, and finally asked me out after he had a breaking point where he just kissed me. I will remember that day forever.

I tried so many times, giving up on him. But we just became so close, and deep down inside I knew we were supposed to be something more. It just took him time to commit to, well, me I guess.

So, my first semester of college. I doubted I would ever be in a relationship so soon. But now I am. It's surreal, worth the wait through dumb high school dating and waiting for a guy I really liked that I was able to have a real relationship with as adults. So amazing. I'm so happy.

This is something to believe in. Don't give up on this, because this is what life is really about. You have all the time in the world to find it too. :)

Well, what do you expect people to say? That you have missed your chance? That you have failed? That you'll never have a girlfriend? Of course not. That's not true, at all.

Your time will come for relationships, for being with someone. They'll love you for you. Should I add that your friends who are so "experienced," are nothing to be jealous of. To have multiple relationships means they're doing something wrong. You only need one relationship to get it right. I promise.

And, It's just high school. If you really feel for this girl you talked about, then your time will come. Sometimes with this kind of stuff, if you just have this feeling that she really does like you, and you like her enough to wait, then the payoff will be greater than you can imagine. And it will happen if you truly believe it will. Be there for her and she won't be able to deny how she feels for you any more.

For me, I just graduated high school. Never had a relationship in high school. And what happened to everyone that was in a relationship in high school? 9/10 of those couples are broken up. They were all influenced by popularity, coolness, physical beauty...high school warps people of what a real relationship is.

I actually waited for my boyfriend. He actually, well, rejected me several times before we got together. I was the one who came onto him. He ended up going after other girls, all the while becoming closer and closer to me and caring more and more about me and just trying to ignore his feelings. He eventually couldn't deny it anymore, and finally asked me out after he had a breaking point where he just kissed me. I will remember that day forever.

I tried so many times, giving up on him. But we just became so close, and deep down inside I knew we were supposed to be something more. It just took him time to commit to, well, me I guess.

So, my first semester of college. I doubted I would ever be in a relationship so soon. But now I am. It's surreal, worth the wait through dumb high school dating and waiting for a guy I really liked that I was able to have a real relationship with as adults. So amazing. I'm so happy.

This is something to believe in. Don't give up on this, because this is what life is really about. You have all the time in the world to find it too. :)

No offense but saying that high school dating is pointless isnt a very helpful comment. Not all high school relationships are pointless. Yes, many do not work out but they are not pointless. And being in your first semester of college just give you an "adult-like" relationship. Plenty of college relationships fail as well. And having multiple relationships doesn't mean they're doing something wrong. Sometimes it is bad timing or something else. Not everyone stays with their first bf/gf. I am still dating my high school sweetheart of 3 years and we are now in college, and highly resent you saying that high school relationships are superficial. You advice was terrible.

Anyways, he should give her space. Pushing yourself too hard on her when she has a boyfriend will just push her away. I would be there for her as a friend while not obsessing over her. Go out, hang out with friends, talk to other girls, live your life. Don't miss out :)

I'd advice you to wait too mate, kind of pointless doing the whole relationshop thing when your that young.

No offense but saying that high school dating is pointless isnt a very helpful comment. Not all high school relationships are pointless. Yes, many do not work out but they are not pointless. And being in your first semester of college just give you an "adult-like" relationship. Plenty of college relationships fail as well. And having multiple relationships doesn't mean they're doing something wrong. Sometimes it is bad timing or something else. Not everyone stays with their first bf/gf. I am still dating my high school sweetheart of 3 years and we are now in college, and highly resent you saying that high school relationships are superficial. You advice was terrible.

Anyways, he should give her space. Pushing yourself too hard on her when she has a boyfriend will just push her away. I would be there for her as a friend while not obsessing over her. Go out, hang out with friends, talk to other girls, live your life. Don't miss out :)

Everyone is different I'll admit. You are right. I'm glad you are with your high school sweetheart! I feel like it's kind of the exception sometimes too. For a lot, kids feels so pressured sometimes to get into relationships and start experiencing dating, and dating can be "cool" in high school. I struggle with realizing that high school can have real relationships, when a lot just date to date. Does that make sense? And isn't the bad timing you referenced what high school is? It's bad timing for many because many aren't ready for that kind of commitment. Some are though, and that could largely contribute to why you are happily together with your partner.

I didn't mean to offend. I feel pretty bad. I wish everyone could have relationships in high school and have it work out. For me, my experience waiting until my boyfriend and I both took that step of maturity and still felt the same about each other, it meant a lot to me. Also, so many of my friends jumped into relationships in high school and, it was largely affected by popularity and dumb stuff that shouldn't get in the way. But it does. It sucks.

Please don't attack me by telling me that being in college doesn't make me mature. It's not a very mature thing to do. But, I'm sorry for making you feel so strongly to want to say that. College relationships can also fail. It's always going to be about when you are ready. For me, it was making that transition and feeling like I can take on serious commitment.

And I also agree with the last thing she said: don't overwhelm her. Girls are attracted to guys that live amazing lives, so do everything you can to live a good life. But if you don't want to give up, don't lose sight of her.

I really do mean it only takes one relationship to get it right. I think I'm a little naive in that sense, but who's to say you can't believe in that? Ugh, maybe watching too much Say Yes to the Dress has me all sappy. I should banish myself from my Netflix. If only I weren't cooped up sick in my bed...

Everyone is different I'll admit. You are right. I'm glad you are with your high school sweetheart! I feel like it's kind of the exception sometimes too. For a lot, kids feels so pressured sometimes to get into relationships and start experiencing dating, and dating can be "cool" in high school. I struggle with realizing that high school can have real relationships, when a lot just date to date. Does that make sense? And isn't the bad timing you referenced what high school is? It's bad timing for many because many aren't ready for that kind of commitment. Some are though, and that could largely contribute to why you are happily together with your partner.

I didn't mean to offend. I feel pretty bad. I wish everyone could have relationships in high school and have it work out. For me, my experience waiting until my boyfriend and I both took that step of maturity and still felt the same about each other, it meant a lot to me. Also, so many of my friends jumped into relationships in high school and, it was largely affected by popularity and dumb stuff that shouldn't get in the way. But it does. It sucks.

Please don't attack me by telling me that being in college doesn't make me mature. It's not a very mature thing to do. But, I'm sorry for making you feel so strongly to want to say that. College relationships can also fail. It's always going to be about when you are ready. For me, it was making that transition and feeling like I can take on serious commitment.

And I also agree with the last thing she said: don't overwhelm her. Girls are attracted to guys that live amazing lives, so do everything you can to live a good life. But if you don't want to give up, don't lose sight of her.

I really do mean it only takes one relationship to get it right. I think I'm a little naive in that sense, but who's to say you can't believe in that? Ugh, maybe watching too much Say Yes to the Dress has me all sappy. I should banish myself from my Netflix. If only I weren't cooped up sick in my bed...

I didn't mean to offend either. I guess I'm just sick of being told I'm too young or naive to have a meaningful relationship bc I met my boyfriend in high school. Good luck with your relationship girl and sorry!