Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

Question about acne

Can I see a pharmacists for my acne? I have acne and red spots on both my cheeks that I've had a for a long time now(worse on my left side than my right). Would they give me any help or would they tell me to just go to a doctor?

PS. I plan on going to the Rite Aid pharmacists.. lol.

I think that you should go to your local pediatrician and try to get in with one of the doctors in there. And ask them if any of the doctors are good with acne/skin. That's what I did. I'm currently taking 100mg of Doxycline twice daily and applying Epiduo cream at night and it's helped tremendously. I have mild acne and some scarring. For a while, I just kept trying a bunch of home remedies, vitamins, and etc. You name it, I've probably tried it. And guess what, none of it works. I was finally smart enough to just go to the pediatrician and my acne is really starting to clear up. So I really suggest you should do the same. You would be better off just getting in with a doctor than going to a pharmacist.

Yeah, but pharmacists make the medicine so won't they give me anything useful? or do you think theyll give me something to make it worse.

im 16 btw

Yeah, but pharmacists make the medicine so won't they give me anything useful? or do you think theyll give me something to make it worse.

im 16 btw

noooooo. pharmacists just prescribe meds and talk to you about side effects. i used to think they prescribe shit too but they don't.. go to a walk in clinic for a prescription or a family doctor. that's the only way you can get meds from pharmacies.

and pharmacists don't make meds.. they basically just distribute them and organize prescrption info, etc.

im 16 btw

noooooo. pharmacists just prescribe meds and talk to you about side effects. i used to think they prescribe shit too but they don't.. go to a walk in clinic for a prescription or a family doctor. that's the only way you can get meds from pharmacies.

and pharmacists don't make meds.. they basically just distribute them and organize prescrption info, etc.

But won't a pharmacists at least give me any advice/product on what to do?

Edited by madmike