Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

Not going to my school awards tonight

Because I hate how my face looks. I'm lucky I got through the school day without bursting out crying. My father won't letme be put on accutane. Maybe if I SHOW him that it's ruining my life, and interfering with things I do, then he'll let me be put on accutane. I'm sick of being the pimply girl who has to wear makeup.

Are you sure you don't want to go?

:(

How many serious talks have you had with him? I know sometimes it takes A LOT for my dad to spring in to action hahaha. I'm sorry to hear that though.

To be honest, i think that sounds reasonable. If its non-compulsary, its not as important.

Im tired of spots and trust me, i know what its like. I had to beg my dad for 2 hours to buy me a £5 bottle of emu oil. Then when i wanted Zinc suppliments.. OMG! he went insane saying i didnt need any more pills. But tbf im sitting here with my Zinc suppliment, so it eventually payed off. Im going to have to wear a bullet proof vest when i finally ask him to get my Dans regimen :rolleyes:

good luck.

Remember, accutane is a LAST RESORT... will not make you any happier until you've finished your cycle. Infact.. alot of people commit suicide from it as you know. My advice is, while you can, be happy before you go on accutane.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

err..and not to mention possible premature aging signs, and u dont want that

Infact.. alot of people commit suicide from it as you know. My advice is, while you can, be happy before you go on accutane.

Nonsense. I don't mean to be harsh, but the suicide link is one of the biggest myths about Accutane. In the 1970s, a state senator's son who had a long history of depression went on Accutane, and killed himself during his course. The media explosion was huge because of his father's position. That's where the reputation comes from. Do some research and you'll see that there is no definitive link between Accutane and suicide.

I'm sorry your dad isn't listening. Could you maybe have a conversation with him mediated by a third party, who could help you two understand where the other is coming from?

Guest Timehealsall
Infact.. alot of people commit suicide from it as you know. My advice is, while you can, be happy before you go on accutane.

Nonsense. I don't mean to be harsh, but the suicide link is one of the biggest myths about Accutane. In the 1970s, a state senator's son who had a long history of depression went on Accutane, and killed himself during his course. The media explosion was huge because of his father's position. That's where the reputation comes from. Do some research and you'll see that there is no definitive link between Accutane and suicide.

I'm sorry your dad isn't listening. Could you maybe have a conversation with him mediated by a third party, who could help you two understand where the other is coming from?

imo, if your acne is bad enough and stubborn enough, go on that accutane. If you have scarring from acne, show your dad and maybe he will let you on the tane? You should, however, research about accutane before going on it.

imo, if your acne is bad enough and stubborn enough, go on that accutane. If you have scarring from acne, show your dad and maybe he will let you on the tane? You should, however, research about accutane before going on it.

See that's the thing...He doesn't think it's bad enough and I'm not getting scars (just red marks). My face is mild. And my back is moderate. He only sees my face. He doesn't think the benefits are worth the risk. :/ I think I might try birth control or a higher antibiotic first. Maybe I just need to buy some time until I get older and grow out of it?

story of my life..

i got my first award this year and i didn't go. nor did i go for my grad photos so now i won't be remembered in the year book " tear tear'"

and my parents are fed up to the bone of my depression and misery regarding acne. they don't care anymore.. so you know what? i advise you to get a job and start paying for your own things as well as the accutane if you do get it.

Maybe I just need to buy some time until I get older and grow out of it?

If you mean putting your life on hold untill you get clear, no. I think alot off people here have done that and slowly the days you spend waiting turn into years..

true fact! i have an aunt whose in her 40s with cystic acne, and she thought she'd grow out of it!

your dad has the right idea not putting you on accutane. sounds like he cares for your well being. you are in HS and probably have teenage acne, lots of kids in HS get pimples. please dont screw up your face by taking these things while you are young.

Gina1234, were you supposed to get an award or was it something all of the students were invited to? The reason I ask is, if you were being awarded for an achievement, it's a damned shame if you skip out on stuff like that because of acne. Special moments like that don't come around too often.

your dad has the right idea not putting you on accutane. sounds like he cares for your well being. you are in HS and probably have teenage acne, lots of kids in HS get pimples. please dont screw up your face by taking these things while you are young.

I see your point....I don't want to get liver damage if I'm just going to grow out of it in two years.

Maybe I just need to buy some time until I get older and grow out of it?

If you mean putting your life on hold untill you get clear, no. I think alot off people here have done that and slowly the days you spend waiting turn into years..

true fact! i have an aunt whose in her 40s with cystic acne, and she thought she'd grow out of it!

Well, hold up a second. I don't mean "putting my life on hold." What I mean is ]get clear with short term solutions.until i'm done being a teenager and breakouts stop.

-----------------------

And, on a side note-good news everyone!! My skin got significantly clearer within the last few days (not perfect, but better). And I think its from using the benzaclin everynight and the proactiv personalized kit I made that just came in the mail.

Edited by Gina1234

Gina1234, were you supposed to get an award or was it something all of the students were invited to? The reason I ask is, if you were being awarded for an achievement, it's a damned shame if you skip out on stuff like that because of acne. Special moments like that don't come around too often.

Uhmmm....I was being giving an award for something :/. I ended up going though :).