Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seems like everyone's talking about how they use a blade to shave; isn't that a bad idea if you have acne? I don't know many people who use blades. Most of my friends use electric shavers, including me. Is there a reason you pick one over the other?

I baught an electric shaver, i find it caused LOTS of irritation and my skin is red raw after use (it wasnt a cheap one either). with my blade i get very little irritation, when combined with kings shaving cream (developed for spot prone skin - excellent stuff).

i never get spots on my neck.

also, you get a much closer nicer looking shave from a decent blade. I use the one recomended in the regimen by dan, gillete sensor excell, a V good razor.

oh yeah, and with using my razor with the kings cream stuffm its like moisturizing except ten times better, very hydrating for the skin.

If you never shaved before, or have been using a manual blade, your first time with an electric will be irritating. It takes your skin quite some time to get used to it. A brand of electric razor, Norelco, even urges you to try their electric shavers (if you have never used an electric before) for 3 weeks shaving daily before you judge the razor. Infact they even have a 60 day no questions asked money back guarantee.

Foil type electrics are even worse interms of irritation to a newcomer.

I've shaved with a blade before, cheap disposables, but got bad irritation. Granted, a shick excel or mach3 or other more expensive manual blade may of been less irritating, I don't think it would of been a night and day difference like using an electric was (after my skin got accustomed to it).

ive tried every kind of shaver out there... 2 blade manual, 3 blade manual, vibrating manual, foil electric, and rotary electric.

i just got a norelco spectra (rotary electric) today and the first shave was pretty good. it shaves closer than a manual shaver and is much less irritating than my old foil electric.

i never shaved against the grain with a manual so it never gets as close an an electric. another problem with manual is using shaving cream... the less crap i have to put on my face the better.

the only good thing about manual shavers is that they are superior in the neck area. sometimes i even use an electric for the face and just use a manual for the neck. my new spectra is supposed to be good in the neck area so i'll just have to shave a few more times and see.

I think those wet-dry shavers are a bit of a gimmick. I used to have one and it didn't work any better than a dry-only shaver, except that the water would get under the foil and start smelling moldy after a while blink.gif

Different people react differently to the wet/dry ones. The hot item in this arena is the Norelco CoolSkin line.

Check out http://iavbbs.com/gflinn/

Click the "Tell Mr. Steelbeard" forum link or the "Other Shaving message boards" for the Electric Razor Rap forum.

I love my remington 3 head electric razor... I don't think I could ever do manual shaving!!

The only problem is that it doesnt seem to shave my neck area very well.