Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yeaboy78

Clogged pores (blackheads) becoming infected?

I really don't get pimples anymore besides my forehead, but that's because I have long hair and it's not even that bad. I now have a problem with visible surface blackheads. Most of these aren't a big deal & I just give them a little squeeze & the come out, they don't even leave a mark. But at least one, twice a month I'll get a bad one. One that's visible at the surface, but cannot be squeezed out. These usually turn into very big, painful, long lasting pimples that take weeks to completely go away and need to be popped at least twice not only to remove the clog & the infection, but to release the tenderness & pain. These are very painful & embarrassing. I follow the regimen with over the counter stuff, not dans stuff. It keeps me very clear except for this black heads that get infected.

What do I do to get rid of these? I'm aware salicylic acid products would help with blackheads, but I'm afraid if I go off the BPO I'll start breaking out again. I've actually already tried at salicylic product before & it made be break out.

Please help me, I'm tired of these they leave very long lasting red marks on my face.