Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
camhabib

Acne help - product choices and results

I've been dealing with acne since my early teens, and continue to battle with it even a handful of years after them. I've tried a number of products (proactive, benzaclin, cetaphil, etc) all with varying results. I recently (1 week ago) started up a new regimen, prior to whicih, I was simply using a Dove bar to wash, no other products. My new regimen consists of, applied in this order:

AM:

Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash (0.5% SA)

DDF 10% Glycolic Toner (AHA)

Dermalogica Active Moist

Elta MD SPF 46 Clear

PM:

Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash (0.5% SA)

Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub (Mon / Wed / Fri)

Dermalogia Sebum Clearing Masque (Mon / Wed / Fri)

DDF 10% Glycolic Toner (AHA)

Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Lotion (2% SA + Tea Tree Oil)

Spot BP treatment (10% as necessary)

Results so far (1 week) are mixed and mild. Slight decrease in number / severity of blemishes, pore size, and fine bumps. My forehead (problem area) seems to have decreased just the slightest bit in redness, while my cheeks (not a problem area) seem to have gotten a little more red in color. I have a number of red marks from previous blemishes which have yet to show any significant fading as well as a coupe of small pimples / clogged pores (not sure how to tell difference) have appeared in places previously problem free.

While I went through a lot of samples, reviews, and literature to find products that I liked and seemed effective, but I'm still not sure if I made the right choices. Is there anything I should add or remove? What kind of results can I expect (getting worse before better, etc)? Is there anything I can do improve my results? Just looking for any feedback possible. Thanks.