Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calculus29420

permanent dry lips?

I finished accutane about 3 and a half weeks ago and though my lips are certainly better than when i was on accutane i still need to use aquaphor everday. Could my lips stay dry forever? If so i regret gong on accutane i have terrible scars, hyperpigmintation and dry lips yay. Does anyone else still have dry lips or have had them forever?

Hmm I really doubt lip dryness will last forever. You said it got better, and general consensus agrees that the dryness takes 1-2 months to go away. I wouldn't be worried

And I would certainly not regret going on accutane because of hyperpigmination/scars! If it was not for accutane stopping the acne, the hyperpigmination/scars would have just gotten worse. Also, with me personally at least, a lot of "scars" and hyperpigmination begin to fade quicker as the skin returns to normal.

I've been off Accutane for 105 or so days. My lips aren't as cracked and painful like they were during Accutane, but I still need to apply chapstick multiple times a day. I'm really starting to think that it's permanent. Do I regret it? No. Clear skin trumps needing chap stick any day in my book.

Not to discourage you or anything, but I've had dry lips all throughout the treatment and it's still the same now (2-3 years later). Arrgh!!

Definitely very, very annoying, but still... beats crap skill by a long way.

I've gone to the doctor (not the dermatologist thought) and she didn't think there was anything to be done for it.