Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katyisblonde

My Yaz and spiro log

Well I have read so much on this site and got so much great feedback and advice from other people I decided to add my experiences and thoughts! Anyways, I wanted to make a log of my personal experience with yaz and spiro. I actually just went to the doctor today, and she gave me spiro so I guess that is what inspired me to do this. Lets see I am 20 years old, and I have been suffering from acne since I was about 14. SUCKS. Like many people here, I have tried a great deal of products, (RetinA, differin, benzaclyn, doxycyclyn, oracea, epiduo, just to name a few) and so far the ONLY thing that has ever made any sort of difference is birth control pills ( I take yaz) My acne is mild-moderate now and I owe that to yaz. However, I would like it to be 0-mild if possible :) so I added the spiro. My doc perscribed me 25 mg. once daily which I am reading is a relativley low dosage so we will see. I orignially went in there seeking accutane but she said no. ahh well. I will do my best to update regularly and post pics so you can all see first hand how this is going :)

DAY 1

-two pretty red non-active pimples on my right side of face (I picked both, I know bad bad)

-scarring on my right side

-1 smallish pimple on my forehead

-relatively clear on my left side with some scarring

right nasty side of face

Photo915.jpg

front smiling

Photo914.jpg

left scarring

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/kat...de/Photo916.jpg

Edited by katyisblonde

I just realized my first two pics did not work so I will do them again

Hi,

In response to your post, I have hormonal acne as well. I am about 7 weeks into a treatment from the dermatologist- differin, benzaclin, and doxycycline. I also am on a birth control pill. What's funny is when I first started the birth control, my face cleared instantly and stayed clear for a few months. Then all of a sudden, I started breaking out again. I am now wondering if it is my birth control pill that is causing me to break out. I am going to back to the dermatologist on Wednesday, and my questions to you are: How long have you been on Yaz? How long did it take before you noticed a difference in your skin? Did you break out any when you initially started taking Yaz? I am thinking about asking my dermatologist about Yaz on Wednesday, and I was just looking to get opinions on it before taking it. Any insight you have would be appreciated!

I just realized my first two pics did not work so I will do them again

Hi,

In response to your post, I have hormonal acne as well. I am about 7 weeks into a treatment from the dermatologist- differin, benzaclin, and doxycycline. I also am on a birth control pill. What's funny is when I first started the birth control, my face cleared instantly and stayed clear for a few months. Then all of a sudden, I started breaking out again. I am now wondering if it is my birth control pill that is causing me to break out. I am going to back to the dermatologist on Wednesday, and my questions to you are: How long have you been on Yaz? How long did it take before you noticed a difference in your skin? Did you break out any when you initially started taking Yaz? I am thinking about asking my dermatologist about Yaz on Wednesday, and I was just looking to get opinions on it before taking it. Any insight you have would be appreciated!