Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow, I can't remember when I asked other board members a question here! I'm usually the one answering questions, but, I do have something I've been wondering about. Maybe someone can help with this question?

I'm usually 95-100% clear. I mostly get noninflamed acne when I do get spots. I don't get inflamed pustules anymore and I never was prone to large cysts. But I do sometimes get these small, pea-size, hard, under-the-skin bumps. They get just slightly inflamed and a little red, but that's about it. Not a lot of swelling, they aren't big, miminal to no pus in them. They don't go away on their own very quickly, they can linger for a loooong time! My esthetician usually can't extract them either. My derm injects them with cortisone and then they usually go away pretty quickly. I can go years without getting one, or I can sometimes get them every few months. I just had one injected on my chin last week (its just a red mark now) and seem to be getting another one right below it. I also have had a couple of these between my eyebrows - one just a few months ago.

They just don't seem to be like the cysts/nodules that other people seem to talk about getting. Does anyone else get these? Are they considered cysts? I really hate getting these damn things!!!!

yearh willowyeah willow i get dem under my chin, thy really hurt nd feel tender so i cnt touch dem or anyting

wut is cortisone shot? is it lyke an injection? do thay do dis in tha uk cos i tink id lik to try

nice pic btw ;)

yearh willowyeah willow i get dem under my chin, thy really hurt nd feel tender so i cnt touch dem or anyting

wut is cortisone shot? is it lyke an injection? do thay do dis in tha uk cos i tink id lik to try

nice pic btw ;)

The ones I get usually don't hurt much (if at all). Yeah, a cortisone shot is an injection. Not sure if they do them in the UK or not - I think they do.

Ive started getting these too. I have two right now on my neck. There not visible but when I pinch the area its like theres a hard little pea under my skin. They've never come to a head, and in the past they just eventually went away without leaving redness/scarring. There just very weird!

Would love to know what the hell they are (whats inside them)?

Ive started getting these too. I have two right now on my neck. There not visible but when I pinch the area its like theres a hard little pea under my skin. They've never come to a head, and in the past they just eventually went away without leaving redness/scarring. There just very weird!

Would love to know what the hell they are (whats inside them)?

I think they just have a hard core of sebum and skin cells. The ones I get are slightly visible, but most of the inflammation is under the skin, they get a little red sometimes. They usually don't come to a head though, and aren't extractable. I either have to wait for them to go away (which can take months) or I have to get them injected, which is what I usually do.

Yes, I get them a lot! I've never figured out what to do about them, but they usually magically disappear after a couple of weeks.