Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

302 Skincare = A Scam or Not?

I received this message on here from a member, and I was wondering what you guys thought of it:

"I've successfully treated my scars (pitted, rolling, boxcars). It's an extremely effective skincare line but Professional only. You need to consult with an esthetician trained in using 302 for acne and scarring. I can send you several links to look at. My post about 302 on Essential Day Spa (EDS) forum and a blog by an esthetician who used 302 to help with his breakouts and scarring. There are two threads on EDS. Look at Part I for information. It's huge (over 4000 posts). It started getting ugly on Part II because of a few people who were skeptics and essentially hijacked the thread and it went downhill from there. So, I have stopped participating on public forums since that experience. But I occasionally read about people like you who want to learn about other less invasive methods, so that's why I'm responding to you in a PM.

I would also suggest you look at clearing you skin by using Acnescript instead of Tazorac. Google "Acnescript". Its all herbals. Tazorac is drying your skin and your skin is trying to compensate for the dryness by producing more oil. Acids on a constant basis will also worsen your scars. It thins the epidermis and will lead to hyperpigmentation and large pores. I had skin much like yours. I'm asian and I think you are as well. So, I kinda know what you're going through. I used to have oily skin too, but now it's perfectly balanced, not dry and not oily. My skin is healthier. Looks much younger than my 55 years.

From your posts, you sound like you're patient and research things before going forward, and those are traits needed to succeed with 302. Changes are not overnight, but they are slow and steady and eventually lead to successful leveling of most scars, especially if they are new and the person is young (which you are).

Anyway, saw you are in TX. If you are in Dallas, there are 302 spas. It helps to be working with somebody face-to-face, but doing it online is possible, just harder. Do your research first though. Read the EDS thread in it's entirety and the blog "dannyvanity(period)blogspot, titled "workings of an obessed esthetician "

If you want to email me, you can. People are skeptical about a topical repairing scars, but from my personal experience and stories from many others, it does work if you use the products correctly and with the help of a pro.

[email protected]

HTH"

I have a huge feeling that it's an advertisement, but then I want to believe in the goodness of a stranger trying to help :) Do you guys think this will have any positive effect at all on pitted scars?

Edited by Sapphire Lily

good find sapphire - if you do a slightly deeper search of 302 skincare on here, you will see a response by the mods. i remember them saying it was a scam or what not, as there were several overly positive posts and an overwhelming number of people saying it was expensive, broke them out and had little to no impact on their pitted scars.

its completely up to you if you want to give it a go tho :)

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

Omg lily, I was bout to message you on this. She pmed me too and I started doing research and calling this lady from 21centuryskincare.com who sells the 302 stuff. I was on the phone with her for 2 hours yday. Her stuff was informative but I feel like what she was telling me was all scripted. She was extremely nice tho. Call her and see for yourself on what you think. I honestly don't think I'll be doing it cuz it just sounds skeptical to me plus it's really expensive. And from what I read, you need to control any active acne first and stop all acids and topicals before Doing the 302 stuff cuz it's really potent. Let me know what u plan on doing. Oh yah and I pmed u a couple a days ago? Hope u got it :) I think anything topical to help with acne scars is merely impossible.

By "302" are you guys referring to the 302 skincare products...protein drops, vitamin A boost, C boost, etc ?

By "302" are you guys referring to the 302 skincare products...protein drops, vitamin A boost, C boost, etc ?

I guess so.

"Why not give it a try?" - Because it might mess up my face, that's why. Need I need more of a reason? lol. It may also be a waste of money I could put towards actual scar treatments etc.

P.S. frannymae - I knoww, I wrote you a long reply back & accidently closed it out. D: So I got frustrated & decided to write you later. lol I've been lazy but I'll get to that now!

If it is the 302 skincare (302skincare.com) products I have lots of experience with that.

There was a long discussion about this a few years ago, don't know if you can still find it.

I have used the protein drops, A boost, C boost and the cleansers.

Conclusion: they do not help with pitted scars at all.

They said you can get results when you use them with needling. Not true. Of course you will see some results, but it is from the needling by itself.

I believe the inventor posted here for a while and they even conducted a study with some of the forum users. They gave away some products for the users to try and report. I don't recall anyone reported improvement with their pitted scars.

It was all a hype. I remember the inventor guy himself posting that marketing thought it was a good strategy to come to this forum and basically spam, at least he was honest about that.

The products seemed very promising at first. There were few sellers who shipped overseas and the few that did charged almost $100 for shipping.

As a favor to overseas users, I bought on behalf of them and shipped only for the actual shipping cost of about $5 - $10 at that time.

Since I was getting a lot requests I thought I would ask the company if I could purchase a large quantity and pass the savings to the users here. The said they only sold to "professionals", that is anyone with a spa or such. That's just a gimmick to keep the image and control price.

Hey lily i was wondering if that Silkia Camellia Oil ever did work for ur scars?? im kinda desperate.. my skin is clear but retin a gave me a bunch of scars sniffs :confused:

Anyways im using tazorac now..

well both vitamin A and C would help the healing process after a procedure...so yeah using them after needling does make sense.

you can buy these products in lotions relatively cheaply, so is this 302 skincare expensive? if so, maybe look elsewhere.

the good thing about a lot of high end cosmetics is that you can often see what they use and then find more cost effective alternatives :)

All this is is a skincare line. Some skincare lines live up to their promises and most fail to do so. I highly doubt it could mess up your face. I guess it could make you break out so if you continue to get acne you would have to be careful. It's kinda expensive. I doubt anyone would see results from this skincare line but I have never tried it as I like using acids and retin-a and this line is anti-acid. But I think if something sparks your interest it may be worth trying it out for yourself.

Feel like it's a scam. Products that work need not advertising.

Tazorac is drying your skin and your skin is trying to compensate for the dryness by producing more oil. Acids on a constant basis will also worsen your scars. It thins the epidermis and will lead to hyperpigmentation and large pores.

Feel like it's a scam. Products that work need not advertising.

Tazorac is drying your skin and your skin is trying to compensate for the dryness by producing more oil. Acids on a constant basis will also worsen your scars. It thins the epidermis and will lead to hyperpigmentation and large pores.

Is this true?

Sapphire: does your face still produce more oil than before when using taz now?

Huh? Why does that quote say it's by me?? lol I never said that. But anyways, my face is not producing all that oil anymore. I use .1% gel every other night. Whoever said that quote doesn't know what they're talking about, IMO.

Hey lily i was wondering if that Silkia Camellia Oil ever did work for ur scars?? im kinda desperate.. my skin is clear but retin a gave me a bunch of scars sniffs :confused:

The first couple of weeks I used Silkia Camellia Oil, I was absolutely in love. I used one pump for my whole face and massaged it in every morning and night - and for the first time in my life, my skin had this amazing glow to it and looked healthy. It was also baby butt soft! Other pluses: it did temporarily help plump up my skin /making some of my pitted acne scars unnoticeable, and it almost "magically" got rid of redness from pimples. Two SAs at Ulta kept raving about my skin, which was very bizarre to me because I've never had good skin or got compliments from it IN MY LIFE. The reason why I stopped using it is because I think it slowly clogged my pores. I could literally see every single one of my pores clogged. To be fair, I'm extremely clog-prone. It also seemed to have stopped giving my face that glowy look. If it does plump some of your scars up, it's only temporary. I find the cream I'm using with Hyaluronic Acid does a better job at plumping up my scars. I still have an almost full bottle of Silkia Camellia Oil sitting in my cabinet..

The first couple of weeks I used Silkia Camellia Oil, I was absolutely in love. I used one pump for my whole face and massaged it in every morning and night - and for the first time in my life, my skin had this amazing glow to it and looked healthy. It was also baby butt soft! Other pluses: it did temporarily help plump up my skin /making some of my pitted acne scars unnoticeable, and it almost "magically" got rid of redness from pimples. Two SAs at Ulta kept raving about my skin, which was very bizarre to me because I've never had good skin or got compliments from it IN MY LIFE. The reason why I stopped using it is because I think it slowly clogged my pores. I could literally see every single one of my pores clogged. To be fair, I'm extremely clog-prone. It also seemed to have stopped giving my face that glowy look. If it does plump some of your scars up, it's only temporary. I find the cream I'm using with Hyaluronic Acid does a better job at plumping up my scars. I still have an almost full bottle of Silkia Camellia Oil sitting in my cabinet..

Haha i know this is really old.. but i just actually saw this reply.. i was going to buy this oil today but i changed my mind.. thank you for helping me save money also.. I read a lot about hylauronic acid and i wanted to get a serum.. but its a bit on the expenisive side also :P