Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

V-beam Question

I guess I'll ask here, hopefully someone knows. What is the highest setting that the v-beam laser goes to? (in terms of joules)

I've had 8.75 joules and 9.25 joules and wondering if it goes higher...

Guest frogskinshoelace

I just happened to click on your profile and see this, though it is old. I wasn't around when you posted it.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I do know that the power setting isn't supposed to be very high. Last time I got a treatment, there was another, young doctor observing. My doctor talked him through the entire procedure and said...

"The most affective way to treat these marks is to cover the face 2 or 3 times on a lower setting, instead of once on a high power. That is what I published."

If your doc is cranking up the juice and only covering your face one time, tell him to do some research, because that isn't the way to do it.

Edited by frogskinshoelace

Lol well I actually had my third treatment today

And he said the power can go so high he could leave me with a scar, though he would never do that. He did a double pass over each mark and upped the power to 9.75 and shortened the pulse duration, and I got really good purpura on both this time, which from experience yields the best results. Make sense: more purpura = more vessels exploding = few remaining vessels = less redness.

Fingers crossed.