Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AkitaGirl

New To Acne, On Brink of Sobbing, Please Help

This is quite long...but please help me if you can...

Sorry if my title is a bit dramatic, but I am truly new to acne and am basically holing myself up on a Saturday evening, feeling depressed and antisocial.

My background is this:

-26 year old female, never had teenage acne, never had any sort of break out, have been sleeping with makeup on for years, I'd pick at tiny clogged pores and the inflammation and irritation would go away within an hour or two. I've never had any history of acne, and even got compliments on my skin all the time.

-Been on Yasmin birth control for over 6 years. I have very slight androgenetic alopecia (female pattern baldness -- not noticeable to people but of course I see it) that is genetic and triggered by iron deficiency. I found out around 18, went to derms, endocrinologists, got all my hormones tested, etc. and found nothing abnormal with my hormones/hormonal levels (no excess angrogens). Unfortunately, I am just someone who is very sensitive to the slight testosterone in my body (as all women have), and have a family history of alopecia. Derm said to try Spironolactone, but I couldn't stomach it, so she suggested Yasmin because of the drospirenone, and also said it would help with my menstrual cramps.

-No family history of acne.

-All of a sudden, I broke out like crazy one month ago. On a Sunday, I had my normal, blemish free skin. By the end of the workday on Monday I had 4 painful, very bright red zits, Wednesday, I had 7, and Saturday I had 17, ALL OVER MY FACE. I was in such shock and was so depressed, I stayed home on the weekend, sobbing.

-Nothing worked. I had used Tea Tree Oil during college a couple of times because I heard of it's benefits. It now just irritated my face and left giant red spots. Salicylic acid, BP, nothing helped. My face looked red, irritated, angry and almost like I had chicken pox. Everyone was shocked.

-The acne was literally everywhere on my face. The area between my eyelid and nosebridge (weird!), 2 on my jawline, several on my "laugh lines" around my mouth, a couple on my chin by my lower lip, several on my cheeks, a couple on my forehead...basically everywhere except my nose and hairline.

-Saw derm on the following Tuesday, who just said I had adult acne and gave me an Rx of 30 day supply of Solodyn 115mg, a tube of Aczone and some Tazorac. I bought a disposable Zeno and found that it's been helpful too.

-Everything has helped with the few larger, more painful cystic like bumps, but then kept continuing to get these smaller, bright red ones that never came to a head. I feel like I look like I have smallpox :*(

-I finished my bottle of Solodyn yesterday, and overall my skin has cleared up about 75% from the initial explosion...I continue to get small zits here and there, some come to a head, some are just red and under the skin.

WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON?! Should I go to an endo again and see if it's because of hormones? Run blood tests? I'm unsatisfied with my derm just saying "it's adult acne, people's bodies change" because of the sudden onset and severity. Also, some days it seems the breakouts are more hormonal (being clustered around chin and mouth area), other days it seems just random (near nosebridge, bottom eyelashes, cheeks).

-My skin is neither dry nor oily. Not even overproduction of sebum/oil on my T-zone, even now.

-Nothing big has happened in my life recently, and my stress level wasn't a problem when I got the initial breakout. Of course, my stress has become much more elevated in reaction to the acne :(

-Not on any meds, only the birth control. Overall I am healthy (healthy weight, lifestyle), go to the gym at least 3-4 x a week, don't eat fast food, etc.

I am sitting in my room, crying because I feel so frustrated and miserable...and also because in some blind fury, I attacked my face 30 minutes ago and just picked at everything. Yes, I know I shouldn't, but it was like a snowball effect...I knew I'd regret it but I couldn't help it. And of course, I am now sitting here with giant red bumps that look like I was hanging out near a mosquito colony :(

Another thing that's also really weird is the time for which the acne wounds take to heal. Like I previous said, I could pick at my face and within an hour or two, there wouldn't be any trace of me picking, and I never EVER had any scars. Now, if I pick, it's irritated for days, and I now have the dark brown spots (hyperpigmentation) that seem to stay for weeks on end.

Any comments/feedback? I'm sorry for posting something so long, I've just never dealt with this and feel pretty lost, frustrated and miserable. Thanks...

Edited by AkitaGirl

Here are pics of my face...

This was taken as a headshot for something. You can clearly see every little pore I have. My roommate smudged out a couple of freckles I have but aside from that, the photo is untouched. I wasn't even wearing face make up in that pic (I've never had to)...only under eye concealer, and a dab of powder blush.

post-140859-1289701804_thumb.jpg

post-140859-1289701804_thumb.jpg

Edited by AkitaGirl

My face went from looking like my previous post's picture, to this picture within literally 4 days.

I just find it so disturbing and strange :( I don't feel like I'm looking at the same person.

Thanks for reading...

post-140859-1289701864_thumb.jpg

post-140859-1289701864_thumb.jpg

Edited by AkitaGirl

I would take a strong second look at that birth control... weigh it, what's worse, the hair loss or the acne? Good luck dear :)

Thanks for your reply Ayla,

Do you really think it could be related to the bc? I've never had any acne problems with Yasmin or it's generic form for +6 years...I wonder if I've become immune to it's antiandrogenic properties?

ahhh, I misread, sorry. I read it as something you just got on. I don't think you can become immune, but you are entering the peak stage for woman's testosterone to spike. Maybe there is just more than the birth control can help with... I don't think I'll be a lot of help here unfortunately. There are some simple herbs you can try for regulation, raspberry leaf tea, chaste berry (vitex), and saw palmetto to reduce androgens. BUT - all of these may interfere with your BC - check with a pharmacist or doctor first.

Sorry this happened to you. I can understand the feeling though - I got hit with adult acne around age 35 - clogged pores on my forehead and inflamed stuff on my chin. Only had the occasional PMS bump before that, never had much of a problem with zits in my teens either. Didn't have to wear foundation, etc. It sucks having that all change so quickly, and its very frustrating!!

Are you sure there weren't any other changes that happened right around the time you starting breaking out? New meds, diet changes, vitamins, skin care products?

I'm surprised your derm doesn't have you on a topical antibacterial. Tazorac is good at keeping the pores from clogging and aczone is an excellent antiinflammatory (might have some antibacterial effects), but now that you are done with the oral antibiotics, it seems like you might benefit from something like topical benzoyl peroxoide or clindamycin. If you keep getting inflamed acne, you might also ask your derm about either Finacea or Azelex. They both contain azelaic acid, which helps unclog pores, reduces inflammation and redness and is antibacterial. I've been using Finacea for years and really like it.

The tazorac will take a few months to show the full effects, so you have to be patient with it. How is your skin tolerating the medications?

That is weird.

-Nothing worked. I had used Tea Tree Oil during college a couple of times because I heard of it's benefits. It now just irritated my face and left giant red spots. Salicylic acid, BP, nothing helped.

Thanks so much ayla. I'm going to look into the things you suggested.

Hi willow569, I really appreciate your reply. Hmm...the only thing I can think of that I had done differently the week prior to my initial breakout was that I had just added a Whole Foods brand Omega 3-6-9 pill (fish oil, borage and flaxseed) during lunchtime because I know that omegas are beneficial towards your health. I was only taking one pill (along with my regular daily vitamin). I've taken that same pill before and never had a problem (it was the same brand, same dosage, etc. a couple years ago). I immediately discontinued it after I started to break out (about 7 days into taking the omega pill), since I was worried there might be a correlation. I haven't taken it for over 5 weeks now,and am still breaking out, so I am hesitant to think the omega pill caused it.

Other than that, nothing else changed. No new diet, no new skin care products, zip, zilch, nada.

As far as other medications, my derm said BP wouldn't be effective. Before I saw her, I was trying to spot treat with BP and it didn't help much at all. I will call and ask her tomorrow about trying Finacea or Azelex. Thanks for your suggestion!

I am curious if I should get another round of antibiotics? The thought of taking antibiotics for an extended amount of time is scary to me, I am worried about negative long term health effects...

Regarding the Tazorac, I am actually really confused as to it's application. My derm said my regimen should be to wash face and apply Aczone in morning, wash face and apply Tazorac at night (on top of lotion). Am I supposed to use the Tazorac as spot treatment? At first my skin reacted very strongly to the Tazorac; it was extremely red, irritated, dry and flaky. It looked like I was suffering from a bad sunburn anywhere I dabbed it (I know to use it very sparingly). The flakes were so gross; it was like I had face dandruff :( Recently I've been able to avoid using it and have gotten away with Zeno-ing a zit as soon as I see/feel a zit coming on, but now I wonder if I should still use it each night all over my face?

Everyone says my face has improved tremendously since the initial breakout, but I am still frustrated that for every 1-2 days of clear skin I have, the following day will bring 3 new zits by the end of the workday.

At first this felt like a nightmare, now it just feels like a tiring, repetitive dream...

Hi database, I really appreciate you reading my lengthy post and responding so thoroughly to me.

That part's not so weird. Topicals aren't addressing the underlying problem, so lots of people have little luck with them, especially if they do not enter a rigid, long-term regimen.
Edited by AkitaGirl

Hey there, your story is just as mind boggling to me and I can't offer much advice. I just wanted to say don't get down just because of acne. I know even the mildest of acne looks terrible to the person that has it, keep in mind that it ALWAYS looks worse to you. The "with acne" picture you posted doesn't look bad at all...and of course you look very pretty (i would say your acne is mild compared to a lot of people). I just wanted to say don't let the acne get you down. Trust me, life is wayyyyy to short and valuable to waste being sad about acne. Just do your best to fix it (which it sounds like you are doing!), don't stress out, know that it will go away some day, and continue going out and having a good time. If people judge you by your face you don't want anything to do with them anyways!

i just want to say that im sorry this happened to you. i didnt get acne until i was 25 and it was devastating for me also. my acne started with me using something that didnt agree with my skin. i immediately started using harsh acne products which just made the situation worse and lead to a cycle of torturing my skin with all kinds of crap. the best advice i can give to you is to try your hardest to get it under control asap but be sensible about it. dont go into overkill with piling a bunch of different things on your face,give products time to work and dont keep switching products back to back, dont pick or do anything that may lead to PERMANENT scarring. right now you have some zits and i know it seems like the end of the world but its not. trust me it could be a lot worse.hopefully you can get it under control soon and come through this with your face unscathed.

I think everyone else has covered anything I would say-- but if you are after something that has (granted, mild) androgen blocking properties, Nizoral (Ketoconazole) shampoo might be worth a try. Some anecdotal reports (and I believe one study) links it to a reduction in androgenic alopecia symptoms. You can look it up on Wikipedia, and on the message boards here.

I came across that information, as I have been using it on my face for non-inflammed acne/blackheads paired with manual exfoliation with good results (I believe my acne is mostly hormonal in nature.)

I hope that you don't get too down from all this. Having clear skin is a wonderful thing-- but there is more to life (and to you as a person!) than your skin.

-Owl

Do you think I should pursue doing blood work?

Sure, though much depends on finding an interested doctor. If it were me, I might try going to a general practitioner and saying "Look, I know it's 'just' acne, but it is a very sudden and dramatic change and I want to make sure my underlying health hasn't changed." Hey, we're all supposed to get regular physicals anyway, so why not start there?

What can I do about these giant purple spots on my face from yesterday's vehemently picking session?

Conceal, wait, lots of advice in other forums on specifics of dealing with symptoms.

How can I boost my immune system and help with the healing process?

IMHO, the immune system is the problem, not the solution. It's killing human cells right along with bacteria, causing a cascade of inflammation. The immune system has mechanisms for both creating and shutting down inflammation; yours isn't shutting down.

You could try taking a Vitamin B complex along with a modest zinc supplement. These have been shown clinically to be relevant to acne; IMHO, the mechanism is simply that they supply nutrients needed to manufacture the chemicals that help shut down the overactive immune response. Many people get varying degrees of relief from using Dan's regimen of benzoyl peroxide; lots of other proposed solutions abound in these forums. Because the symptoms of acne are so variable, almost every possible solution (even the most disgusting) has some adherent who believes it has worked for them. Acne most definitely sucks -- but it's not cancer. Try not to fall into the swamp of never-ending extreme "cures"! You are more than your face, even though the TV may tell you otherwise. :D

Regarding your question about Tazorac - it is supposed to be an all over medication, not a spot treatment, so it sounds like you are using it correctly. The derm probably has you applying lotion underneath it to buffer the medication a little bit. Tazorac is a very strong retinoid - the strongest topical retinoid available. It can be very irritating and drying, especially in the beginning. It also takes a few months to really show full results (sometimes even longer). Lots of people say that their acne flared up before it got better with Taz.

I'm not surprised that you didn't have good results spot-treating with BPO. Its meant to be an all-over preventative treatment, not a spot treat. It kills the bacteria, which helps keep the pimple from developing in the first place. Prevention is always better than trying to treat active acne lesions.

With the antibiotics, I totally understand the concern about taking them long term. If you start to flare up again, you might consider going back on them until the other medications have a chance to really start working - which again, can be a few months.

Hi Akitagirl

A couple of thoughts...sorry this is happening to you! You're sooooo lucky to have had acne-free teen years (most of us didn't) but I can imagine that suddenly breaking out like this could feel extremely devastating!

It looks and sounds like your sudden outbreak is hormonal. Adult women can become very sensitive to androgens...however blood tests won't usually show any elevation in testosterone...it's just sensitivity to androgens. Read "Breaking Out". I think it's one of the best books out there for adult acne.

You may want to try Spironolactone and work up to a dose of 100mg/day. It blocks androgens naturally and helps with female pattern baldness. That may do the trick for you.

Also try Oracea if you're worried about antibiotics. Inflammation seems to be the key thing for you and Oracea is formulated to work on that and is not an antibiotic. I noticed a HUGE difference when I started it. You can also take it for a longer period of time and then use it if you have a flare.

I'd suggest getting a new derm...the one you have is ignoring your concerns and you need to have a derm that listens and with whom you can form a good relationship. Just attacking the skin with topicals is not the answer for adult hormonal acne. You also have to attack it from within. And then after everything calms down use topicals for maintenance.

Also you may want to try keeping a log. The key is to remember that any new med or regime is going to usually take a month or two or more to kick in so you don't want to keep changing things too quickly. I think this is the hardest part about treating acne!

Hi there,

I can certainly relate. I'm a 25 year old woman and never had any significant problems in my teens or early twenties. I don't even know when my acne started, I've just got more bothered about my skin over time. Like you, I used to sleep in my make up with no problem so now it's really depressing. I'm desperately trying to get clear before my wedding in May but it feels like I'm taking 2 steps forward, 1 1/2 steps back at the moment.

Like you, I'm currently on birth control and was on microgynon for years with no problem. I've recently changed to Marvelon (just started my second cycle) to see if that will help my skin. My acne was mainly on my cheek area which is probably down to hormones. Now here's my point - the fact of the matter is that birth control can affect the body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients and cause deficiencies in:

- Zinc

- Magnesium

- B vitamins

Deficiencies of these can all contribute to acne and it's worth googling them to find out more.

To try and remedy this (if it is indeed my issue) I've been taking 50mg of chelated zinc (chelated is important, as it helps absorption), whatever the recommended dosage is of magnesium and a 100 B vitamin complex.

In addition, I take fish oil, evening primrose oil and vitamin d3 as these help your skin and balance the hormones that cause the break outs in the first place.

I have definitely seen an improvement since taking these supplements, but bear in mind that because they need time to influence hormone levels it may be some weeks before you see results. Perhaps 6 weeks - 2 months, but I HAVE seen results. Also, there may be a period of breakouts at the start of this regimen when the skin is chucking out the nasties it's got stored in there.

This has significantly helped the acne on my cheeks, which are pretty much clear (apart from damn hyper-pigmentation).

Another thing worth mentioning is Manuka honey, which I use as a facemask with cinnamon a few times a week. There's lots of threads on acne.org about how good Manuka is, as it's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. I've really found it helpful (and it’s good for red marks too)! Make sure you get Manuka with a UMF of 15+, as this is highly potent. Unfortunately Manuka isn't cheap, but I've found it significantly more effective than regular honey.

Finally, I've just read a book called "Breaking Out" A Woman's Guide to Acne at Any Age. It's very good and worth checking out of the library.

Good luck! Fingers crossed for both of us.

Hi Akita Girl, I can totally relate! I broke out like crazy when I was 26 too and wound up having to take 3 different prescriptions to get it under control. My acne was a LOT worse than yours. I agree with a previous poster that you should see a different derm who is going to listen to you and get the whole story before making a snap decision. Also, PLEASE do NOT pick at your face. That is how you get scarring and if your skin is started to have problems healing, please don't risk it. I know it is hard not to pick, but trust me, you will regret it forever if you get scars. Good luck and plz keep us posted.

wow your b4 and after looks like mine :< I went through that and spent two years asking why and trying every thing :< I am 30 yrs old ,but I am happy to say that it is gone as quickly as it came ,

MY HUMBLE ADVICE :

PRAY ABOUT IT

GET OFF BC ,serious

google candidas

get off the meds , skin stuff is a sign of something internally wrong : Google macrobiotics

docs do not believe in this ,have to go to alternative medicine

my story : after many docs and stuff I was at the same place I began.My face was awful, and I use to be pretty cute but then bumps and red painful cyst!!!!:< nasty pimples ,I hate them .well I finally started talking about how miserable I was and people were like "what you look fine" AHG!!!yeah right , one person told me to pray about it and I did ,lol, ha..ha.... with all the problems in the world but I did , and you know what it worked but God always uses people and stuff

here is my regimen: remember NOTHING ON THE OUTSIDE CAN HELP only internal stuff

what has kinda helped, MILK THISTLE AND BURDOCK ROOT tea every day .use this

what finally stopped it , colonics ,yes I was full of crap , this finally did it , I go to a doc in Beverly hills wellness center ,85.00 well worth after two times finally feel great ,consider how much you have spent trying to find solution (Save your money so you can do colonic next month ,just once so you can see for yourself)

google :Chromium and acne for this you have to find supplement that is good for you

for me it it Shapefast and Bell vie (for girls only ): I also did 7 day cleanse yo might have candidis (this worked!!!!!!

But colonics works

try macrobiotic diet as last resort but if you do colonics twice eat like that

Look I was like losing hope after two years but I am so happy now!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE TOO ,I PROMISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!You will be taking pics like crazy again HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Liza

I feel your pain. I'm 31 and just had my 2nd baby 6 months ago. I was exclusively breastfeeding and put on a progestrin only birth control so I could continue breastfeeding. I noticed 2 or 3 zits pop up on my left cheek when my baby was a little over 5 months old and noticed that I was probably dealing with hormonal changes because my hair had started falling out the month before (normal after pregnancy I guess). What I had been using for my skin care regimen now didn't seem to do anything for these stubborn zits popping up everywhere, so I decided I had almost made it to my 6 month goal of breastfeeding so I stopped and was put on ortho-tricyclen, which is suppose to help with acne. I'm actually on the generic, Tri-Sprintec, and all I have noticed in the last 2 1/2 weeks is more breakouts on my chin and cheek (T-zone) area and just got a huge painful zit on my nose between my eyes. My face is an oil slick and my makeup itches my skin now because of the sebum coming off my face. I feel like a hideous monster and don't know what to do. My gynecologist says it could take up to 3 months for the birth control to help with the acne, but I feel like it is making it far worse!! Any advice from anyone who all of a sudden had a massive breakout and healing is pretty much halted? I am taking 50 mg of zinc for the past 3 weeks, but haven't noticed anything for healing faster or less breakouts. I'm actually more oily than I have been since I was in my first trimester. Should I wait out the birth control or go to a dermatologist?

Edited by abbygabby

I feel your pain. I'm 31 and just had my 2nd baby 6 months ago. I was exclusively breastfeeding and put on a progestrin only birth control so I could continue breastfeeding. I noticed 2 or 3 zits pop up on my left cheek when my baby was a little over 5 months old and noticed that I was probably dealing with hormonal changes because my hair had started falling out the month before (normal after pregnancy I guess). What I had been using for my skin care regimen now didn't seem to do anything for these stubborn zits popping up everywhere, so I decided I had almost made it to my 6 month goal of breastfeeding so I stopped and was put on ortho-tricyclen, which is suppose to help with acne. I'm actually on the generic, Tri-Sprintec, and all I have noticed in the last 2 1/2 weeks is more breakouts on my chin and cheek (T-zone) area and just got a huge painful zit on my nose between my eyes. My face is an oil slick and my makeup itches my skin now because of the sebum coming off my face. I feel like a hideous monster and don't know what to do. My gynecologist says it could take up to 3 months for the birth control to help with the acne, but I feel like it is making it far worse!! Any advice from anyone who all of a sudden had a massive breakout and healing is pretty much halted? I am taking 50 mg of zinc for the past 3 weeks, but haven't noticed anything for healing faster or less breakouts. I'm actually more oily than I have been since I was in my first trimester. Should I wait out the birth control or go to a dermatologist?

I have had this exact same problem on birth control. I have never given birth, but I have taken yaz, and loestrin 24. My skin becomes an oil slick, and I break out horribly (worse than ever and I have been battling acne since I was 14 and I am now 29) I have been on the loestrin for 6 months, with slight improvement. I started taking zinc recently, only 25 mg. I did notice less oil, and large zits healing faster.

How long have you been taking zinc? It has been 3 weeks for me and I still can not tell a difference in healing time or less oil or zits. I feel as we get older our skin just doesn't bounce back so fast. I really want ortho tri-cyclene to work and maybe I just need to be more patient and wait it out. It has only been 3 weeks since I stopped breastfeeding and also getting on the pill, so that is a lot of hormonal changes going on in a short amount of time, I guess. I fear I will then be stuck on the birth control too because I will be afraid of breaking out again. Oh the struggles of being a hormonal woman!! ;)

Theres 2 things i would recommend if BP didnt work

Theres accutane... last resort, dont consider it until you've suffered from acne for years at a time!

ProsThen, theres this machine called "Lumie Clear", it is expensive at £150. But its the only thing that helped me get nearly completely clear other than BP. It is a mix of blue and red light therapy. You will wait a while before you see results (less time than accutane however) and it is completely healthy! The harmful UV rays are filtered out. Use it for 15 minutes per day on each affected area. Rub off the sweat after every 15 minute session though ! i saw results within 5 days . I heard on the lumie forums that it also helps with depression and seasonal anxiety. Trust me, this machine SAVED ME before i found BP. Remember though, its different to BP and its gaurenteed to work - theres a BBC article which told me that it was the only gaurentee to see a definate improvement in acne.

CONSIt can make your face red, so remember to drink alot of water to make that subside.

If you have rosacea. Dont use it, it can irritate and make it worse.

Edited by Randomstuffs261

How long have you been taking zinc? It has been 3 weeks for me and I still can not tell a difference in healing time or less oil or zits. I feel as we get older our skin just doesn't bounce back so fast. I really want ortho tri-cyclene to work and maybe I just need to be more patient and wait it out. It has only been 3 weeks since I stopped breastfeeding and also getting on the pill, so that is a lot of hormonal changes going on in a short amount of time, I guess. I fear I will then be stuck on the birth control too because I will be afraid of breaking out again. Oh the struggles of being a hormonal woman!! ;)

I have been taking zinc for about a month. I saw a decrease in oil production right away, but I am still breaking out on the lower half of my face (where I am driest and have been using moisturizer) I believe that is true about our skin not bouncing back as fast. I am noticing brown marks taking much longer to heal. Good luck and congrats on your new bundle of joy!

Hi hun, I know how you feel... I started to get acne when I was 19/20, never had it in high school. I've been struggling with it ever since.

I did all the derm stuff like creams and stuff, nothing worked. I got acne in my 4th year of being on the BCP Othro-Tricylcen. Honestly though for ME I fianlly discovered that it was my over all HEALTH that was the problem. I had been on so many courses of antibiotics in my lifetime, my body just had NO immune system anymore (anitibiotics KILL good bacteria in your gut), I had no defenses against anything.

After being to a million medical doctors with NOTHING working....I went to a naturopathic doctor who advised me to go off of the birth control pill and take a few natural herbal supplements that help balance your homormones (I think you might need to do this to ease off the pill and help with your hair loss). There are SO many natural supplements out there that will help with your hair problem that I dont think you should worry too much about going off the pill. SAW PALMETTO is a natural supplement used for hair loss in women and helps prevent prostate cancer in men.

Also, do you have any other health problems? Stomach issues? Anything? being on the pill so long and taking antibiotics gave me CANDIDA. It is an over growth of yeast in the body and can cause many problems like being sleepy all the time, stomach issues, allergies, yeast infections, acne, eczema, rashes, hair loss, depression... the list goes on....

I think you should check out this website called "Healing Naturally by Bee". Read through some of the articles and problems people have had... It will help you. And if you feel you need to start her program (which will benefit ANYONE), then you can.

I was on Bee's program for 4 months and it helped me alot, I need to go back on it.

As for topical stuff, I think you should try to be as natural as possible with your skin, give it what it needs and thats it! Be gentle.... I use a mild natural Witch Hazel toner from the health food store to cleanse my face with a cotton pad. Then I gently use a soft face brush to get all the dead skin off my face (careful not to go over any active pimples becaus eyou migth spread it).Then I splash my face with water a few times and then dry and use a Neem extract liquid (not oil) all over my face, then I moisturize with plain old Jojob oil. Just use your damp hands and pour a few drops of the oil on your hands and rub them together then rub into you face. Be VERY GENTLE.

I hope this helps you... Healing your skin comes from the inside mostly, so eat a clean diet like Bee suggests.

Good luck!

Taryn